Wilton Brands

www.wilton.com

Very disappointing.

Former Employee - Demand Planning Analyst  in  Woodridge, IL
Former Employee - Demand Planning Analyst in Woodridge, IL

Pros

Cool products, tent sale, emails from CEO, pay, benefits, not much comes to mind... as a customer I love Wilton but not so much as an employee

Cons

I agree with the guy who said forecasting is terrible and they're too SKU happy. The software was buggy and we always lost information and things were always switched around. Their data base was very unstable if you ask me and as a result it was very hard for us to forecast which items would sell. Management did nothing to help, they just told us to work with what we had. Our department had a high turnover rate, so we were always getting new employees and piling stuff on them without enough training, and that led to even more mishandling of our data. Most coworkers were nice but they were so cliquey, like we were in high school instead of an office setting. There was some OBVIOUS favoritism going on between managers and employees, and the good smart hardworking ones who didn't stoop to the level of butt kissing got looked over. I was tired of seeing the slackers get promoted over others who put in long hours and actually got stuff done. I also noticed that management wasn't big on communicating ... they expected us to read their minds. Same goes for some coworkers. A lot of mistakes were made because noone communicated with each other. When I was there all the people who quit over time were the smart ones who actually put in a lot of time and effort into doing their jobs right and they quit because they were tired of being overworked and ignored at the same time. I was one of them and I'm glad that I found a better job.

Start listening to ALL of your employees (that means NO playing favorites) and take the time to recognize the ones who cared enough to do things right instead of your best friends. Get a better system, it will make everyone's life easier.

Other reviews for Wilton Brands

Very disorganized; little to no communication between management & employees.

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Woodridge, IL

Pros

Despite all its shortcomings the company has: a laidback environment, great products, reputable CEO, nice holiday parties, culture of celebration, and tent sale

Cons

Difficult for minorities to move up within the company, lots of coworkers waste time standing around gossiping about each other, too many lazy employees, lack of communication by upper management, outdated data system, salaries are not competitive, management lack progressive thinking, generally don't like change, stuck in their old ways, force low-paying entry level employees stay overtime to do other people's jobs... must I go on....

The company is not as progressive as it should be. You should re-evaluate your employees and whether they're bringing Wilton to the next level. When I worked there I saw too many coworkers goof off I wondered why they were even allowed to work there in the first place. Be careful... a lot of them pretend to work hard only when you're around. You should do an overhaul of the company and with more productive people you might end up with a better driven company.

The celebration company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Woodridge, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Pros

Great people, and good business practices

Cons

receiving a promotion is difficult, salaries are not competitive

There are newer employer reviews for Wilton Brands.

Worked for Wilton Brands? Contribute to the Community!