Wincor Nixdorf

www.wincor-nixdorf.com
  www.wincor-nixdorf.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wincor Nixdorf

Great company, great people, great, customers, and great technology

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf

Pros

Wincor has a team orientated culture that is a great place to contribute all that you have, including your creative intelligence. From a sales perspective this has been an environment where there are outstanding sales people who I have learned so much from that will help in the world of complex, enterprise sales. In addition, the technology (software and hardware) is some of the best in the industry.

Cons

Every company has challenges and Wincor is no exception. The compensation plan is probably the lowest you will find in the industry.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Wincor Nixdorf (View Most Recent)

You have got to be kidding me!

I have been working at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is average and since there is no oversight you can get paid for sitting at home on your duff. So if you are a lazy cuss, this would be the place for you.

Cons

I was constantly asked to lie to the customer(s) about what the products(s) do. The installation process is an absolute nightmare and if you have any problems, don't expect any support during US hours. You work an 8-10 hour day (if you're one of the people who work) and then have to stay up half the night on the phone with Germany, just to be insulted, or with China, IF you get permission to talk to them, for some actual help -- but the problem isn't fixed for months because they are so back logged in China. Project Managers and Sales are constantly making promises that cannot be met. New installations are scheduled to take weeks, and are touted as start to finish with a completely functional environment; however, the latest install I have been involved in is still on-going 6 months out. More and more people are working on this installation and the customer is hot as hell! If you value your reputation -- RUN!

Stop making promises to the customer that cannot possibly be fulfilled. It's insulting and counter productive. Perhaps this is the way things are done in Germany and Europe, but US customers don't like it.

Terrible Leadership

Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX

I worked at Wincor Nixdorf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated employees, who work hard to deliver for their customers. Products are pretty advanced and have decent technology.

Cons

Where to start... US Leadership team has zero respect for their employees, and customers, for that matter. No consideration for employee work/life balance. They close sales deals with next to no margin to increase footprint, without thinking that down the road, supporting their new customers will require a big investment in support. They didn't make the investment of additional headcount/resources and their customers ended up suffering. The worst thing they did was basically ask me and other members of the management team to lie (I'm sure the US execs would not say we lied...merely withheld relevant information) to 2 of our biggest customers regarding known defects with the product. Then when it was apparent to the customers that this known issue was impacting their business/customers, they hung me out to dry in front of the customer and did nothing to intervene - just passed the buck to me as their scapegoat. Exec team lacks all scruples, character, and basic decency.

I would never again work for or recommend anyone work for this company. In fact, when I need to withdraw cash and walk up to an ATM, I won't use a Wincor machine - even if it means I have to get back in my car to drive to another ATM somewhere else in town.

Listen to your employees. Take control of the US business from decision made in HQ in Germany - the banking industry is very different in the US from Germany/EMEA. They don't understand US customers and won't invest to meet customer needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Wincor Nixdorf