There are newer employer reviews for Wind River

Company Making The Right Calls - Bravo!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Alameda, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Wind River full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company going through a transformation and it feels like our new products and strategy is getting great traction. The strategy is super clear as well as what success is.

Cons

Employees who don't read email or who do not attend all hands feel they can make negative comments about the company and they should be listened to. Pay attention and think before you make silly comments.

Advice to Management

Don't pay attention to silly feedback from employees who should get a clue. President we are behind you.

Other Employee Reviews for Wind River

Things Are Changing For The Better - Winning Is In The Air

Current Employee - Engineer in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Wind River full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company is in an interesting space. leader in our industry. I like the executive team as they have made soem tough calls that are starting to have a positive change. I like the transparancy and engergy of new Presdient

Cons

Still have process' that could be modfied to help us move faster. Also need to make sure that we dont try to do too many things which will spread our resources too thinly.

Advice to Management

We are workiing hard but work life balance still good!

High tech industry but down to earth people...

I have been working at Wind River full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are a lot of long term employees here (10+ years), and even several that have left over the years only to return again to Wind River. The atmosphere is comfortable and the people are friendly. The deployment of some WR products across several industries and well-known projects is exciting.

Cons

Small teams are both a pro and con here. Con in the sense that there often is not enough bandwidth for the workload. Complex and time consuming internal processes can also be a source of frustration. But that is something you will most likely find at any large company (especially, in IT).