Wind River is the place to be.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alameda, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Wind River

Pros

Flexible hours, relaxed atmosphere, you can bring dogs to work, onsite cafe, onsite massage, onsite gym and honest people to work with. I find that the beautiful park setting on the waterfront really helps relieve any stress. It's good to get out and go for a walk in the manicured park and breathe in some salty sea air or watch the boats go by.

You can have open dialogue with upper management in person or anonymously if you choose to have your concerns heard.

Cons

Don't bother coming if you want to hide under the radar and not do your part. People work hard here and it shows.

Continue keeping part of the focus on your employees and you will keep seeing the benefits on the morale and culture.

Other Reviews for Wind River

WIND barely wafts for employees

Current Employee - Employee  in  Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Wind River

Pros

The Alameda campus is very nice. The grounds are park like, the view is calming and people bring dogs to work. Management is flexible about work hours and allows everyone to work from home regularly. We do work on an array of technologies and products that do seem to lack vision and cohesion, but the work being done is solid. Some groups are doing very innovative and important development. Commitment and contributions to opensource is smart. The other employees are very nice, work collaboratively and are generally very respectful to each other.

Cons

Last night I went to get up from my desk chair and slammed the top of my head on the glass ceiling. It hurt. If you look at the board, the CEO and all of his people its obvious that the ceiling is low, but I know I didn't get any taller so I also know that the ceiling at Wind River is still dropping. I don't claim to know what's going on with this good old boys club, but there's not much proof it is working. Over the past five years my stock has dropped and dropped. When $10 is high, maybe its time to do things differently. The work, the flexibility and the people are the high points of working here but upper management, the decisions they make and the way they treat employees who are different from them are downsides.

Hire a diversity trainer or assign someone to manage diversity hiring programs. Promote someone who doesn't look like you to an important position. Help us be more successful - we're about the only game in town and you'd think a virtual monopoly would show up in our stock price. Take some time to meet the employees. I've been here a long time and I don't think any current exec but the head of my group has ever said a word to me.

Keep running

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Wind River full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

the new management has been able to get the company running again, the fun is back but if you want to rest and enjoy, parking lot is the place...

Cons

not enough change velocity in some dept.

keep up the great work

There are newer employer reviews for Wind River.

Worked for Wind River? Contribute to the Community!