Windstream

Better than most.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

The pay is good, and I enjoy my job most of the time, I mean hardly anyone likes their job every single day. I think the benefits are good, medical, dental, vision, supplemental life, and spouse supplemental life are all available. The medical insurance is good and the cost is fabulous, especially compared with my previous small business job. MSAs are available also. They also have a stock purchase plan where they pay all the cost to purchase, so all your withholdings go toward the stock.

Cons

We are not recognized for doing thing good/right. You have to save the company money or find money to be recognized. We are afraid of losing our jobs to someone cheaper/younger/overseas. People get fired for no apparent reason--we all think its because the old Alltel cronies are needing jobs now. There is little to no training. You absolutely hit the ground running no matter what. There is supposedly an open door policy, and technically there is, but you will pay eventually if you are the squeaky wheel.

LIsten to your employees, for real. We should not be afraid to come to you.

337 Other Employee Reviews for Windstream (View Most Recent)

Go Windstream

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Concord, NC

I worked at Windstream

Pros

-Flexible work life balance
    -Great benefits for new employees
    -They do what they say

Cons

Didn't stay long to know the downsides but I could say these
    Lack of communication

Treat employees as your assets. Lack or no communication is bad for any credible relationship and that is true for employee and employer. Employees shouldn't find things about the company from outside sources. I would rather have it from the management STRAIGHT.

IT jobs move offshore.

Current Employee - Senior Client Server Developer in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Client Server Developer in Twinsburg, OH

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

Salary and compensation packages are competitive for this market.

Cons

The company has taken an aggresive stance on IT outsourcing. Many colleagues have been replaced with offshore resources. Existing jobs all seem to be in fear of being replaced with offshore resources. Working with these offshore resources is definetly a challenge. The language barrier and time differences are major hurdles. Also, the quality of work is sub par in my opinion.

I would suggest migrating away from offshore resources. Also, Senior Management harps on driving down costs and expenses. Employee bonuses have ceased but Senior Management bonus and compensation has increased. This kills morale and management credibility.

There are newer employer reviews for Windstream