Windstream
www.windstream.com Little Rock, AR 5000+ Employees

Windstream sucks in the West

San Francisco, CA

ProsFortune 500 experience
Salary can be decent if you negotiate
Nice office

ConsPoor infrastructure - single switch, no EoC, no fiber, no data centers. Mostly reselling AT&T, AboveNet, XO, and others. Pricing is usually high. "Why should I buy AT&T from you?". Very little name recognition. Tedious and confusing sales systems. No usable CRM. Terrible record for implementing successfully. Small install base and few are reference-able. All problems roll back downhill to the sales people with ineffective managerial support.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemand infrastructure investment immediately. Learn how to differentiate talented people and give them incentive to want to stick around. Recognize the challenges and set realistic, achievable goals for reps. Reduce the environment of constant anxiety. Fire dead weight quicker.

Hands down, the most nepotism that I have ever experienced in a workplace.

Service and Repair Specialist I (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Windstream

Pros: Decent salary and benefits for the area. Cons: Very unfair, arbitrary and nepotistic promotions. Advice to Senior Management: DO NOT allow family members to supervise and promote each… More

Interesting and frustrating.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Windstream

Pros: Good people in my office. Mid management in my… Cons: Mid management are all yes men/woman. No real leadership.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people on the front lines. Tell People when they aren't doing a good job.… More
There are newer reviews on Windstream.

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Windstream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Windstream CEO Heath Davies . All reviews posted anonymously by Windstream employees.