Windstream

www.windstream.com
  www.windstream.com
There are newer employer reviews for Windstream

Not a good place for an engineer

Current Employee - Market Engineer in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Market Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

none. Everyone in my department is looking for work elsewhere.

Cons

Since Windstream acquired my company, they have put me in a position that has nothing to do with my background and training (Network Engineer). They have me doing budgeting and finance work, but refuse to give me the proper training (or any training) to do my new job, They are only concerned with immediate profits and dividends, they are not concerned with having a stable network and happy customers.

Listen to your technical engineers. When they are all dissatisfied, your business is not sustainable.

301 Other Employee Reviews for Windstream (View Most Recent)

The company I worked for prior to Windstream purchase was wonderful, Windstream definitely not.

Former Employee - Engineering Specialist Provisioning II in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Engineering Specialist Provisioning II in Evansville, IN

I worked at Windstream

Pros

Tuition reimbursement
    Laptops
    Great people to work with locally.
    Local management led by example
    Locally great flow of information when available from corporate
    Growing too rapidly leading to integration problems and employee morale issues.

Cons

Health benefits including, medical, vision, and dental were fairly priced.
    A publicly traded company so you can own a piece of it.
    Many different job openings in different locations throughout the US.

Slow down. The rate at which you're acquiring companies lends itself to growing issues which can include lower employee morale.
    Try to save employees because they are a wealth of information instead of trying to centralize everything. If someone is already doing a job and has been successful then consider leaving them in the position or ask for their help in making the company better. The purchased companies feel like failures.

What you are told about the job and what it actually is are two very different things.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

Smaller more family oriented environment compared with other phone companies.

Cons

Commission for my position is close to unobtainable given the call volume of new customers.

Internally: Positive reinforcement would be much more effective than threatening a "write-up" in every situation. Externally: The new Merge bundle isn't practical for the company's client base. Windstream customers are mostly in rural areas and typically aren't familiar with new technology. So when they see the advertisements for Merge they think it's a cable service rather than an internet streaming device. When they call in to inquire they seem both confused and disappointed by the time they hang-up.

There are newer employer reviews for Windstream