Windstream
www.windstream.com Little Rock, AR 5000+ Employees

East Bay Area has big upside! Recent local changes improving moral.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA

ProsRelevant solutions. Management support is strong in Walnut Creek. Disgruntled underperforming employees have been cleared out and remaining team is gelling. It's a fun place to work. The product is very strong and pricing is very competitive. The best telecom around IMHO. Salary is very competitive as well. I have not been in any competitive sale situation without feeling that Windstream has the better product and support. Although not everybody has heard of Windstream, the company has a very strong reputation for those 'in the know'. Ranks tops nationally in customer satisfaction and service. Lots of upward mobility potential.

ConsNo effective CRM for sales. Implementation process has been a challenge, but is improving. Overcoming the legacy left by the previous regime can be a challenge since the local reputation was tarnished.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great product and finally have great people. Hire more solid individuals and take care of them. Make CRM a priority.

Its all about the numbers not about people

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: WIndstream has the resources to provide a full suite of… Cons: Windstream is moving to fast in its acquisitions and its main focus is on assimilating the companies they acquire… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your employees. Reimburse them correctly for their phones as they use them 24/7 servicing your customers and reimburse their mileage appropriately… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible place to work

Data Engineer II (Former Employee)
    Little Rock, AR

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good paid time off program Cons: Good old boy management, lack of direction, poorly skilled/qualified management Advice to Senior Management: Create a flatter organization, treat your employees better. Manage without… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Windstream.

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Windstream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Windstream CEO Heath Davies . All reviews posted anonymously by Windstream employees.