Windstream
www.windstream.com Little Rock, AR 5000+ Employees

A Company That Forces You to be a Number, Not a Name

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsThe people can be pretty awesome to work with, as long as you are staying inside your own environment, sales with sales, ops with ops, etc.

ConsThis is a company that has reduced its employees to a number. They have eliminated the PAETEC customer service and replaced it with a take the money and run mentality. Even worse, is they now having network people running the equipment side of the house and it shows nothing but ineptness. Windstream has fired most of the PAETEC operational talent and replaced it with people who have zero business to business experience. They refuse to invest here in the West on infrastructure or additional capacity, therefore Windstream pricing is outrageous compared with the big 3 carriers. For a Fortune 1000 firm, the benefits are the worse I have ever seen. The Agent community continues to ruin this organization as well as they can stomp all over direct sales territory without repercussion.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like rookie sales people. Stop monitoring your employees daily workflow by call counting their telephone calls. Stop forcing your senior account execs to performing telemarketing tasks on a regular basis. It is all about quality and not quantity. There are too many layers to management and all the managers are afraid of making any moves to improve operations. Get back to basic customer service and customer retention techniques.

Management

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros: Upper level management more involved, easy to talk to Cons: Mid level management can be over bearing in some aspects, and… Advice to Senior Management: Manage your Sales Directors better...Not the Sales FOrce No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Another company that moves jobs and lays off

Lvel I Repair (Former Employee)
    Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits / Pay / Product Knowledge / Cons: This company purchased Cavalier Telephone and laid off the entire… More
There are newer reviews on Windstream.

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Windstream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Windstream CEO Heath Davies . All reviews posted anonymously by Windstream employees.