Windstream

www.windstream.com
  www.windstream.com
There are newer employer reviews for Windstream

Overall a good company to work for

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The employees, for the most part, genuinely care about giving our customers the best possible service. I've many times seen my coworkers make personal sacrifices of their time, often giving up personal plans in order to take care of their customer's needs.

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem to care as much about their employees or the quality of service we are able to provide as they do keeping the stockholders happy. We suffer through annual and sometimes bi-annual personnel downsizing while increasing our holdings, leaving fewer people to do more and more work, causing, in my opinion, service to suffer. Everyone lower than the elite upper management receive pay increases that do not even begin to keep up with the cost of living while our contributions to insurance costs grows at an alarming rate for sub-standard coverage. Our top management, meanwhile, receive total compensation packages in the multi-million dollar range annually.

It would be nice if the highest level of our upper management would be willing to take a 10% annual pay reduction and apply the savings to the employees health care coverage, still leaving them with millions of dollars in compensation.

283 Other Employee Reviews for Windstream (View Most Recent)

Good

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very good growth company wiht a lot of future

Cons

SOme mangers are ill prepared and not sales leaders. Leads to micro mangement and does not motivate sales teams. Short term success long term failure

Leadership classes

Multiple acquisitions create disconnected corporate culture and cumbersome system challenges

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Windstream full-time

Pros

Large footprint and variety of products and services resulting from multiple acquisitions

Cons

Lack of culture. Systems are in need of major clean up and integration. Customer Service has become Customer Sales with quotas. Sales professionals spend more time on order entry and administrative tasks than selling.

Focus on the customers and the employees first and revenue will grow. Focus on revenue first and customers will continue to churn and turnover will continue to increase. Wall Street is not your customer. Integrate the systems that resulted after multiple acquisitions. Empower Sales Executives to excel at driving new revenue and assign the order entry and administrative tasks to system experts to get the sales entered correctly, installed properly and billing quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Windstream