There are newer employer reviews for Windstream

Great Company, Great People

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management team really works hard for you. Compensation is based upon performance and they give merit-based raises. Plenty of room to move up if you want. My management team was super family oriented. Great health benefits and they give you incentives ($$) for being/staying healthy.

Cons

They're a growing company and because of acquisitions layoffs may continue to happen for a little bit. BUT they were really good to my team when they laid us off - severance pay, coaching firm services for 3 months, plus 3 weeks notice of our last paid day on the job - you really can't ask for much more than that.

Keep up the good work :)

270 Other Employee Reviews for Windstream (View Most Recent)

Good Place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay for Arkansas. Good people, benefits, etc. Integration is somewhat of a priority.

Cons

Company has had dwindling profits the last few years which creates fear of a buyout.

Keep building the business portfolio (hardware perhaps) and cutting ILEC expenses. Great job on the management structure changes.

Set aggressive goals for systems conversions so all the different environments will be consolidated in a timely manner. This will improve employee moral and boost overall productivity by removing the day to day frustrations and complications.

Don't be afraid to invest in your own IT infrastructure - hardware and software. Our sales & customer service is crying for CRM, and everyone knows we need SAP. These may call for additional machines in the ISS space, or we could use our own hosted solutions.

With careful implementation of new hardware, system conversion, and data cleanup, this company could be streamlined down to a smaller set of top notch employees, fewer offices, and fewer middle managers that deal with Finance, IT, and Marketing, and more energy could be put towards a customer facing Enterprise and SMB sales force, customer relations and service, and aggressive business marketing campaigns.

The more business products we can provide to a customer, the better deal we can offer them, and the less likely they are to end up part of our churn numbers when they experience low speed/bandwidth on their VPN. Branch out into some ISS and Storage products, even if it just means acting as a vendor for IBM, Dell, or HP.

Make efforts to minimize inter-carrier expense.

Keep implementing more training programs - the lack of sufficient training software, literature, and workshops effects the ability of new and transitioning employees to be productive.

Bringing in high-powered consulting groups has been great for our company so far, I think we need to consider a similar approach when streamlining our systems.

Overall a good company to work for

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The employees, for the most part, genuinely care about giving our customers the best possible service. I've many times seen my coworkers make personal sacrifices of their time, often giving up personal plans in order to take care of their customer's needs.

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem to care as much about their employees or the quality of service we are able to provide as they do keeping the stockholders happy. We suffer through annual and sometimes bi-annual personnel downsizing while increasing our holdings, leaving fewer people to do more and more work, causing, in my opinion, service to suffer. Everyone lower than the elite upper management receive pay increases that do not even begin to keep up with the cost of living while our contributions to insurance costs grows at an alarming rate for sub-standard coverage. Our top management, meanwhile, receive total compensation packages in the multi-million dollar range annually.

It would be nice if the highest level of our upper management would be willing to take a 10% annual pay reduction and apply the savings to the employees health care coverage, still leaving them with millions of dollars in compensation.

There are newer employer reviews for Windstream