Windstream

www.windstream.com
There are newer employer reviews for Windstream

Typical of most corporate experiences

Current Employee - Corporate in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Corporate in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent salary, may be able to move up - depending on work group, down-home and friendly people, still hanging on after all of these years

Cons

No bonus opportunities for lower level employees, but it seems they are available to upper level and of course executive; difficult to compete with bigger telecoms;

When people show that they really want to move up, management should work with them to get them there or help them understand why they cannot.

325 Other Employee Reviews for Windstream (View Most Recent)

The stress and instability just aren't worth it.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are nice and just as miserable as myself. We have a close bond because of the sad, ridiculous things we all go through here.

Cons

Unobtainable quota. Trickle down micro-management (from Senior level). A constant decrease in commissionable products / services. A constant increase in workload because of job / budget cuts. A constant decrease in ancillary reimbursements (no more cell phones, gas reimbursement now maxed at certain amount, company travel / expenses now must be pre-approved and rarely are, etc). Back office support now non-existent (eliminated office / sales coordinators & secretaries). The list goes on and on. As a very succsesful sales professional, this is by far the hardest company I've ever worked for to be successful.

Senior management / C Level: Please cut the dividend. It's very obvious to everyone on the ground level that we're paying the price to maintain our dividend. Cutting our commissions, eliminating bonuses, support jobs and sales tools only drives away good sales talent. We all know that management is cutting corners everywhere they can to maintain free cash flow but at some point we need to realize that it's hurting the company from an operational standpoint. Our customer service is now horrible, our good sales people have left for more lucrative opportunities, our local sales management are now nothing more than sacrifical lambs because of unrealistic quotas. It's time to save face, cut the dividend to free up cash flow and reinvest it in our people and network. Stop putting everyone through hell just to pay a buck every year on the stock. Start making working here fun again.

Security Engineer

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Stable company
    - Competitive benefits

Cons

Poor inter department cooperation.
    Silo'd teams