Windstream

www.windstream.com
  www.windstream.com
There are newer employer reviews for Windstream

Windstream is a great place to work.

Former Employee - Line Assigner
Former Employee - Line Assigner

I worked at Windstream

Pros

Windstream has a good corporate culture in which employees feel valued and appreciated. I had a fantastic supervisor who knew how to make our team not only extremely productive, but feel really good about the role we played within the organization.

Cons

As with any large corporation, one can 'get lost in the shuffle'.

Take care of your employees... they make you look good!

301 Other Employee Reviews for Windstream (View Most Recent)

Still good-ole boy politics.

Former Employee - Manager in Matthews, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Matthews, NC

I worked at Windstream

Pros

They offer a competitive salary for similar jobs in the industry.

Cons

Some upper managers allowed to make employment decisions based on petty issues and not on past performance.

Review an employee's ethic and work history before making an employment decision by one upset manager.

What is Windstream's corporate direction?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, OH

I have been working at Windstream

Pros

The benefits are good: dental, vision and medical insurance, 401K, paid vacation days are comparable to other carriers in the industry. The management does give me wide latitude in carrying out my job responsibilities. For the most part, I am free to succeed or fail based on my capabilities. The work force deployment has been stable with no layoffs in recent memory. The work place environment is respectful and pretty much free of bullying or harassment. A high premium is placed on ethical behavior and honesty.

Cons

The corporation is extremely tight with money. This affects many areas which can have an impact on productivity and morale. Programs which can increase productivity are not funded, training dollars have been cut, PC replacement cycles have been lengthened and little funds are available for employee activities.The 401K match was recently lowered to 4% (dollar for dollar). There is no pension plan contribution after 2011.

The management above the local first level does not listen to what the needs for the job are. The numbers for performance tracking indexes dictates the actions to be taken. Common sense actions are sometimes subverted in order to "make the numbers".

Windstream's corporate pay scales make it difficult to attract and keep top level talent. This in turn has a corporate wide impact on employee turnover and business development.

I would suggest a clearer vision of where Windstream is going. Does Windstream as a corporation have as it's top priority acquisition or is it willing to step up and develop new products and services. This will involve a diversion of resources ($$$$) to grow the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Windstream