Wingspan Portfolio

www.wingspanportfolioadvisors.com
  www.wingspanportfolioadvisors.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wingspan Portfolio

I should have listened to the review I read on Glassdoor, but my husband said don't worry.

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Plano, TX

I worked at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a place to make money when no other prospects were on the horizon, but I wouldn't advise anyone to take it, unless they like torture. I got a chance to experience what hell might be like with some new friends I made.

Cons

Management treated us like dirt. Just like the reviewer before me said, promotions were done on a "friends" basis. Incredible turnover, that I thought was unreal!! Some bosses acted like they were "Billy Bad-Ass." It was exactly what I thought prison might be like. One coworker called it a Chinese Sweatshop. Training was terrible, then they tried to make up for it by retraining and retraining and retraining us. Nothing like inefficiency! It was a bad job, but the co-workers were great!

Frisco office: Get a conscience. Treat people the way you want to be treated, because someday the tables might be turned.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Wingspan Portfolio (View Most Recent)

Customer Advocate--More like Devils Advocate

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you get paid hourly+staying late is encouraged= more time to not do anything, not help anyone, cheat the system to close cases. You can really rack up your hours doing nothing. They will hire anyone, so getting a job there is easy.

Cons

-You will never feel like your helping anyone
    -There is no employee respect, in fact there is outright disrespect and it is tolerated or you lose your job.
    -Your are lying, cheating the system, so you can make the company money from their "clients"
    -No culture no values, they hire you based on 60 day contract, and there are valuable employees there who have been there for years still not receiving any benefits and being forced to drive from building to building in short notice.

Please value the employees you have before you do mass hires. Train them better and give them compensation they deserve.

Poor Management, Racism,Nepotism and Discrimation at Company

Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Wingspan Portfolio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The dress code was casual at Wingspan Portfolio Advisors. There was a young staff. Most people in their late teens, early to mid twenties. It was right off the bus line.

Cons

Management was petty. Most of the Managers personally knew the owner or where related to the owner. Entire families held management positions. The company was very top down managed. There was discrimination against blacks, muslims and hispanics. There was a high turnover when I worked there. Lots of people were unhappy. Quite a few people filed EEOC claims. Certain managers had god complexes it seemed.They would fire on the spot for petty reasons. Lots of backroom dealings. The managers were in a club of sorts. Certain people could get away with anything.

Favored employees could jump jobs. Position to position until they found one they could do. Other employees were placed on difficult tasks. Paid less for doing the same if not more work.

Very low morale.

Fire yourselves since the Owner won't. You will be doing him a favor.

There are newer employer reviews for Wingspan Portfolio