www.winn-dixie.com

Your never good enough!

Current Employee - Manager in Daytona Beach, FL
Current Employee - Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Winn-Dixie

Pros

It is good to have a roof over your head, a toilet near by, and great customers to speak to when you work. Besides that, there are only minor gratifications through employees that surround your day to day work. The Cons out way the Pros. Next...

Cons

As an earlier post that was written from someone else, I agree that the store director does verbally give us the scare tactic of unemployment and our bad economy. Furthermore, each day is to get this done and that done, without the hours or help to achieve their goal. Within this 2010 year, we have had multiple B to B (Better to Best) meetings which take us out of our departments for hours and they wonder why we are unable to finish our jobs. The training courses are merely to teach us sales improvements yet the bottom line is; after the meetings all is back to how it was previously. As though it never happened. What a waste!

The men still rule and the women are still left behind when it comes to respect. Walk into any Winn-Dixie store and see how the men are dressed (out of company uniform) and the women must be dressed in their polyester dress code. Of course during our B to B meetings among other meetings all employees must be in dress code. Not just women.

I have learned that WD Corporate has a program of what is needed, what they would like, and how the companies image should be. Yet, WD at store level, have taught all employees it is okay to break the rules of corporate.

Peter L. Lynch should see what truly happens at store level not what corporate management tells them. Our the numbers correct? Not when your told by upper management that it is okay to cheat they system. You'll be amazed of what truly happens due to how we are trained by management. Integrity is lost at this company.

478 Other Employee Reviews for Winn-Dixie (View Most Recent)

Happy as a Store Director at Winn Dixie

Current Employee - Store Director in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Store Director in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Winn-Dixie

Pros

The company truly wants to make a change.

Cons

Need to open more new locations.

Give Store Directors more hours to improve front end service and have more baggers to compete with Publix on the front end.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Winn-Dixie

Pros

Relaxed working style, laid back culture, competent upper level management

Cons

Weak benefits and bad location of corporate headquarters

Continue implementing process improvements. Work on changing the culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Winn-Dixie