Winona Health

There are newer employer reviews for Winona Health

Solid Place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Winona, MN
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Winona, MN

I have been working at Winona Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Just a good place to work. From the interview to any questions I had the HR team was great to work with. Tina in their office was wonderful!!!

Average pay but strong benefits overall.

Food in the lunch room was good as well. Always something good for lunch.

Full time employees don't work much over 40 per week unless you are in an upper level position.

Cons

Some turn over in the HR leadership in the last few years had us worried about the direction.

Nursing staff has some turnover but overall just a good team. I like what I do there.

Time for a new CEO to take over and bring new life into WH. Rachelle did a good job but it's time to move forward.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Winona Health (View Most Recent)

Okay...Just not the LTC side

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant and Medication Assistant (Trained) in Winona, MN

I worked at Winona Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They do allow for additional training and more imput on a CNA level then you would expect. They seem to listen and have reasonable expectations of your job level.

Cons

Mandating cycles quickly with so many students. Lots of employees use Medical conditions to skip their turn in mandating.

Listen to your staff on the bottom level more. Yes some are shirking off, but your future competition of RN's and MD's and DON's are among them trying to improve the company prior to becoming burned out.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Evs in Winona, MN
    Current Employee - Evs in Winona, MN

I have been working at Winona Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff in most departments. HR has a great young director who has some ideas that could make things great for all. Other HR staff seem eager but had one young gentlemen depart their staff who was exceptional at customer service. He will be missed by our EVS department.

EVS staff are friendly and fun. Leadership lacks in our dept but overall it's good.

The 2nd shift is tough at times but we make it work and try to keep everyone motivated.

I think the secret to any good company is a good HR staff and a great senior leadership team. This place has both.

Cons

I hear people say the pay is good in other departments. In ours it's average but the benefits are great.

Our boss is checked out and if EVS had a new leader it would make the world of difference for us.

Get rid of the senior managers who have been there way to long and are checked out. The excuse "because this is how we have always did it" doesn't work for anyone now days.

There are newer employer reviews for Winona Health