Winston Retail
www.winstonretail.com South San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Can be a positive and negative opportunity...

Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsYou can create your own schedule, work with some great brands, and learn a lot about the industry. The company has high standards regarding pay on time. You are always paid on time. With regards to the comment below about being paid late, most people with work experience have used direct deposit and are aware it takes a few weeks to kick in. This is not something new.

ConsThe great brands you work with sign contracts that they will not employee you in the future. However they do not inform you of this. You are not an employee of Winston and this could be a legal problem for them in the future. Additionally, I learned from a fellow MC that Winston will not verify you have worked with them on your future job applications.
There are two levels of pay for projects. The work required for the two levels is almost equal. The lower pay rate is below industry average.
Sadly as of recent some of the comments below are true and helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making the FTMs do all the work.
Gather and make better use of feedback from out in the field.
Stop with the contest that never have winners. Either they don't really exist, or there is extremely, extremely poor execution. It doesn't go unnoticed.

Great for supplemental income!

Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Winston Retail as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Great hourly wage working with some very elite brands. Extensive tutorials are offered as well as phone support. … Cons: You control when your time is scheduled, but it is usually expected within a given set of dates. Some of the reports are lengthy… Advice to Senior Management: Have a forum on your website where merchandisers can give feedback… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Unprofessional environment

Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Winston Retail as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: There are no pro's for this company. Cons: The training materials for this company is not up to date and they expect you to know the information that has not been uploaded into… Advice to Senior Management: Stop playing favoritism and start hiring professionals to get the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Winston Retail.

Worked for Winston Retail? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Winston Retail reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Winston Retail CEO Jan Croatt. All reviews posted anonymously by Winston Retail employees.