Winthrop University

www.winthrop.edu

Beautiful location, lots of diversity

ProsPeople are passionate, the location and campus are beautiful. Students and staff are generally interesting people who are fun and easy to work with.

ConsBeing state-supported in South Carolina, the pay and job security aren't that great for many positions. State-mandated furlough days are a scary and realistic possibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget the basics of what makes the university great...the administration seemed to be more concerned about raising funds (and administrator salaries) that delivering high-quality education and cultural experiences.

It is a great place to work

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Winthrop University part-time for less than a year

Pros: The resources for adjuncts are good Cons: There needs to be communication about job postings Advice to Senior Management: have a message board that is known by and available… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Graduate assistant

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Winthrop University as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Little work. Only requires about 10 hours of work a week. There is very little prep work… Cons: Little pay. The assistantship grants either 4.5 hours or 9 hours of tuition credit and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Winthrop University.

Worked for Winthrop University? Contribute to the Community!