A place to start

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Technical Lead in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Wipro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good learning. You will get chance to work on different technologies and different environments. Job security . Onsite opportunities

Cons

Less pay. Policies are there for utilizing employees. On onsite the salary will be given based on on LCA not based on your performance and position. No hike if you are at onsite. Company thinks the company is giving you a favor by sending onsite. Too much of politics. You cant get promotion if dont know how to butter your manager . Not a place to settle down. You can get brand name from this company. New policies are getting added which forces existing employees to leave company

Advice to Management

Focus on existing employees rather than attracting new employees

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good place to start a career

Current Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Wipro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wide range of responsibilities, environment allows you to go be Yond your direct responsibility, pretty flexible work hours and location

Cons

Pays less then competition, duplicate roles and responsibilities, lagging behind in innovation, too much focused on cost control

Advice to Management

Paywell to attract and retain top talent

The worst professional choice of my career

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Wipro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big Title, Big Customer, Big Project, Lots of Moving Parts, Project Critical to Customer's Success.

Cons

Wipro is a house of lies. I was sold - via an extensive interview process - on a non-existent culture, non-existent talent, non-existent infrastructure and support systems for customers, non-existent recruiting competency, Even as they were introducing me to my new customers/project teams, they could not tell the truth. One Sr. Manager went so far as to suggest I had 25 years of experience on a particular platform - 25 years before I would have been 12 years old not to mention that the platform in question had only been around for 5 years. They staff critical project teams with too many people with too little skills. I worked with a team of 15 ppl who had ZERO relevant expeirence. Their job was to decieve their customer. That's what my primary focus became as well... Lying to the customer... Your ethnicity(sadly) is also very important, perhaps more so than you may want to beleive or accept, especially if your culture possesses any semblance of or respect for business/professional ethics if you're considering working for this horrendous organization. They beleive its perfectly acceptable to cheat their customers and employees. Its literally your job as a would be victim to stop them.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your customers, your employees and contractors. Stop cheating your employees financially, emotionally and professionally. You systematically create failue out of success by your inherent need to treat your customers and employees with dishonesty, misdirection, bald face lies and so on... I've worked with Indian companies prior and partnered with Indian people as individuals before. I knew what I was getting into... or so I thought. Worst experience of my career by along shot. Possibly the worst experience I've had in my entire life...