Wipro

www.wipro.com
  www.wipro.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wipro

The worst professional choice of my career

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Wipro full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Big Title, Big Customer, Big Project, Lots of Moving Parts, Project Critical to Customer's Success.

Cons

Wipro is a house of lies. I was sold - via an extensive interview process - on a non-existent culture, non-existent talent, non-existent infrastructure and support systems for customers, non-existent recruiting competency, Even as they were introducing me to my new customers/project teams, they could not tell the truth. One Sr. Manager went so far as to suggest I had 25 years of experience on a particular platform - 25 years before I would have been 12 years old not to mention that the platform in question had only been around for 5 years. They staff critical project teams with too many people with too little skills. I worked with a team of 15 ppl who had ZERO relevant expeirence. Their job was to decieve their customer. That's what my primary focus became as well... Lying to the customer...

Your ethnicity(sadly) is also very important, perhaps more so than you may want to beleive or accept, especially if your culture possesses any semblance of or respect for business/professional ethics if you're considering working for this horrendous organization. They beleive its perfectly acceptable to cheat their customers and employees. Its literally your job as a would be victim to stop them.

Stop lying to your customers, your employees and contractors. Stop cheating your employees financially, emotionally and professionally. You systematically create failue out of success by your inherent need to treat your customers and employees with dishonesty, misdirection, bald face lies and so on... I've worked with Indian companies prior and partnered with Indian people as individuals before. I knew what I was getting into... or so I thought. Worst experience of my career by along shot. Possibly the worst experience I've had in my entire life...

4725 Other Employee Reviews for Wipro (View Most Recent)

Clown company

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Wipro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Access to most Global Fortune 500 companies
    Good entry point to get some experience

Cons

The absolute worst company that I have ever had the experience to work for.
    Leadership are clueless.
    IT infrastructure is abysmal given that it is supposed to be an IT company.
    An Indian company that doesn't understand the US market and treats everyone like we are widgets.
    Cites themselves as one of the most ethical companies in Asia - the facts indicate otherwise
    People on the bench get fired very quickly

Replace the WCS Executive Team - they have no sense as to actually how to run a consulting business.
    Publish the real facts of the Employee Perception Survey - WCS results were horrid - don't sugar coat it.

Very good company

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wipro full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good projects in wipro got gud clients

Cons

Work culture need to get better

Pls retain ur employees