There are newer employer reviews for Wipro

The worst professional choice of my career

Former Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Wipro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Big Title, Big Customer, Big Project, Lots of Moving Parts, Project Critical to Customer's Success.

Cons

Wipro is a house of lies. I was sold - via an extensive interview process - on a non-existent culture, non-existent talent, non-existent infrastructure and support systems for customers, non-existent recruiting competency, Even as they were introducing me to my new customers/project teams, they could not tell the truth. One Sr. Manager went so far as to suggest I had 25 years of experience on a particular platform - 25 years before I would have been 12 years old not to mention that the platform in question had only been around for 5 years. They staff critical project teams with too many people with too little skills. I worked with a team of 15 ppl who had ZERO relevant expeirence. Their job was to decieve their customer. That's what my primary focus became as well... Lying to the customer...

Your ethnicity(sadly) is also very important, perhaps more so than you may want to beleive or accept, especially if your culture possesses any semblance of or respect for business/professional ethics if you're considering working for this horrendous organization. They beleive its perfectly acceptable to cheat their customers and employees. Its literally your job as a would be victim to stop them.

Stop lying to your customers, your employees and contractors. Stop cheating your employees financially, emotionally and professionally. You systematically create failue out of success by your inherent need to treat your customers and employees with dishonesty, misdirection, bald face lies and so on... I've worked with Indian companies prior and partnered with Indian people as individuals before. I knew what I was getting into... or so I thought. Worst experience of my career by along shot. Possibly the worst experience I've had in my entire life...

4397 Other Employee Reviews for Wipro (View Most Recent)

Clown company

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Access to most Global Fortune 500 companies
    Good entry point to get some experience

Cons

The absolute worst company that I have ever had the experience to work for.
    Leadership are clueless.
    IT infrastructure is abysmal given that it is supposed to be an IT company.
    An Indian company that doesn't understand the US market and treats everyone like we are widgets.
    Cites themselves as one of the most ethical companies in Asia - the facts indicate otherwise
    People on the bench get fired very quickly

Replace the WCS Executive Team - they have no sense as to actually how to run a consulting business.
    Publish the real facts of the Employee Perception Survey - WCS results were horrid - don't sugar coat it.

Topsy turvey.. Although i am currently at onsite after 3.5 yrs of hard work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wipro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can get into projects if you have the right connections... If you have a good set of supervisors your work will be rewarded... In wipro when the chance presents itself you have to make the most out of it..

Cons

Salary.. Wierd company policies.. and mid-level parasite managers... Most of them are blood suckers good for nothing.. In my career so far I have got a chance to work under 15 managers.. till now only 4 of them were technically sound.. rest were all working to get there asses covered.. the policy here is to get to the top by pushing your competitors of the ladder... most of the good people i worked with has left the company,, I am working here because i am making some money now.. now for somebody who is good.. should you come here you will face the same level of hostility every lateral hire faces.. nobody will help you coz most of your co workers are good for nothing.. they have no brains.. Only was they can preserve their job is by saving there sorry knowledge to themselves.. The funniest fact is.. people who stay more than 7 yrs here is just because they did not get a better job outside... :)

Get rid of the mid-level parasites who are sucking the life out of the bright new minds who join every year,

There are newer employer reviews for Wipro

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!