There are newer employer reviews for Wipro

Mislead during interview process and bias to Indian employees

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Wipro full-time

Pros

Opportunity to take on new positions If an employee is a non-performer they can be picked up by another acount without being fired

Cons

Management doesn't communicate well Some unethical practices Long hours Employee gets 'thrown' into positions without proper mentoring or training Peers and management tend to lean towards favoring others with Indian heritage and believe they're smarter then other cultures Management makes a lot of promises to customers that are unrealistic then expects frontline employees to figure it out Indian employees and management throw other employees under the bus to make themselves look good Not a lot of teaming or collaboration to meet common goals - employees tend to try to take credit for other's contributions Onsite employees outside of India are disconnected from the company which is mainly in India Training and events all held on IST timezone

Advice to Management

If your serious about breaking into the US market then you need to ensure Indian employees who are customer facing in the US adapt their business practices to be American. Treat employees that are non-Indian the same as Indian employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unethical

Current Employee - Technical Lead
    Current Employee - Technical Lead

I have been working at Wipro full-time

Pros

There are no pros for Wipro. They don't value talent nor do they have respect for their employees.

Cons

To expand on the 'pros'... -The hiring process took 4 months from first contact to first paycheck despite many assertions that the SOW was signed and the start date would be less than one month. -The HR department was completely inept and didn't know the company policy. -Several individuals in management flat-out lied about their travel and relocation policy to get me to accept the position. Something I didn't realize until I arrived on-site with the client with no hotel and no car. -Management continued to lie about company policy and what I could expect as an employee even after I was on the ground. In hindsight, Wipro was manipulative and facetious every step of the hiring and placement process. They pay below market average and promise experience and career advancement. I would not recommend Wipro to ANY consultant or developer I know.

2. project engineer

I have been working at Wipro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good culture good traing for new grad

Cons

no time management ,no work life balance