There are newer employer reviews for Wipro

Nice but will run into trouble

I worked at Wipro full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

-> Good Perks
-> Competitive perks
-> Strong logistics and processes in place

Cons

-> They have let good people go and have lot of middle mgmt which does not add value

-> Find a visionary CEO

4481 Other Employee Reviews for Wipro (View Most Recent)

Crappy Policy & HR's - Call it a Quick Sand / Rat Trap - Don't make your choice hurt you forever

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Wipro full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you don't have a job and would not be able to get any job, or if you are fresher it is acceptable to join this firm. Remember whatever I write, it is an insider review who has been with the firm for 6 years 6 months. I know in and out of the policies and how they work in favor for the company and keep you away from getting benefited.

Cons

If you are a smart guy, you would figure it out fairly quick that this company policies are bounding, and one is forced to set Goals the highest possible, and made to work towards achieving them day & night, may it be weekday/weekend. Worst part is no appreciation for the hardwork. Since in most cases people are not that smart and opening their mouth against the company, the policy works so well benefiting the company's growth and not yours'. Only an insider can know and write about it.

Discrimination between the onsite hires (2 weeks notice) & offshore deputes (2 months notice) is like the craziest. If you would like to quit at onshore, and one is an offshore deputee you would not be given your experience letter as one is supposed to give 2 months notice. Which job is waiting for you to join after 2 months??? You will lose current job and as well as the one you are about to join.

This is just an example of one of the crappy policy, remember to think and try all other options before signing in. I can only share my experience and write here, rest is upto you.

Instead of spending millions of dollars on HR's and Attorney's to keep the policy tight and safe. Distribute that money to the people who really work hard to get feather in Wipro's cap and generate company income and being the key contributor for the clients. I still can't believe that despite me being so efficient, loyal for more than 6yrs, company considered my exit as unclean because I gave 2 weeks of notice. Why do you discriminate onsite hires & offshore deputes, at most times I have outsmarted most of your onsite junks. I know Wipro have earned atleast a million dollars in my entire span of onsite+offshore work. I have always stood for the company holding the flag high, finally you proved to me the meaning of a word "Resource" and that the company has no space for any good feelings.

I've been so independent, and my talent would go with me ever, but remember there are tonnes of people like me out there and the way we feel about the company's back stabbing attitude and we pray that someday someone would do that to you, so you would feel the pain.

Premji'ji / Kurien I know you would not be reading this, all I request is "BE HONEST" and "BE HUMAN" and treat everyone human, and not just a "resource" which earns money.

Project Lead

Current Employee - Project Lead in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Project Lead in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Wipro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome place to work .....
    Value your interest

Cons

Salary negotiation
    Working culture & Environment