There are newer employer reviews for Wireless Vision

It is what you make it. If you do your job, sell, and look for ways to improve you will make money.

Current Employee - LSR
Current Employee - LSR

Pros

The money is great if you can sell. You make your paycheck. Management has done a great job of making sure I know where I need to be. You get a lot of praise as long as you perform. I get paid vaca, benefits, great hours compared to most retail jobs. I see negative reviews and you have to realize you have to perform to succeed. Job has been great.

Cons

The job is performance driven and if you do not perform you will have a hard time. You have to be willing to change with the environment, give it 100 percent, and make your numbers. They will give you the tools but will not sell for you. A majority of your money is made off of commission. If you dont sell the money wont be there.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what theyre doing. I work in a great store, and a great market.

Other Employee Reviews for Wireless Vision

The Vision is getting Blurry

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing CEO - Great Family man who does care about the people that work for him . Just feel there's a disconnect with the people that maybe advise him on commissions and people below him living the values down the levels of management and down to the reps. Great customers , a sales job with interactions that can definitely make you feel for filled helping people with their phone service needs . Some great co workers that work as a team and care about the success of themselves and the company they represent . Good but not great benefits , however roll over PTO is great , and insurance for part time goes back to how much the CEO values people

Cons

Revenue per hour pay for a sales rep isn't a fair gage on performance because of the fact that there are many hours spent before and after the store closes doing paperwork , deposits , dealing with customers late after close , all counts against my revenue and can cost me a couple hundred dollars by falling just one tier down . Commissions have been cut almost every 6 months to a year the past three years , They constantly take more and more money away from the sales associates that are on the front line in the battle generating the revenue . I don't know if the money was given to higher ups or whatever however I have sold 100+ phones many many times before and compared to doing it now the commission pay to the rep is 750$ or more less a month due to the cuts . They can always spin it as t mobile making cuts to what they get paid , but why skim so much and change the structure where selling more doesn't mean you make more then before . Reward people that keep customers spiff for reps that take care of their customers and keep them generating revenue . Waiting until many times Sunday to find out schedule for following week .. ??? Way to set us up to plan our lives . It doesn't work no matter how many times we complain the buck gets passed as to why it keeps happening . Work life balance struggle , they have made a ton of advances in fixing this as much as possible however they all fall flat with management having to use a system that doesn't schedule people based on any true care of of working a long shift being at the store late and then having to open the next day or how many days straight Etc .

Advice to Management

Any reps hours that are NOT spent in front of customers with the opportunity to generate revenue should not count against my performance in revenue per hour metric. I hope someone reads that and can at least think about that change . I work for a sales organization and pride myself on taking care of our customers . However I should only be measured on my performance when I actually have a chance to service customers . Wireless Vision has the right idea they talk a lot about how important the people are in the organization . I have been with the company 3+ years and feel like that value has slipped , and that the sales reps the ones that make results happen are constantly at the bottom of their priority in pay .I believe that if you have people at a sales rep level that are generating revenue and making the company money that sticks ( not selling deacts and treating the customer the best ) should be paid more of a cut of commissions . I am hoping for the future of the company , reps commissions will someday go back to where they were in early 2014 . You have a lot of talented people that sell for this company , best advice is to take care of these people and make them feel like they matter to your bottom line . I understand operating a business costs money and operating costs do go up , but cutting pay to the people that make you the money should always be the last thing you want to do . I'm not going anywhere as of now , but something has to change or I see a lot of talented people going else where .

2. RSA typical sales

Pros

It's a friendly work environment, if you work hard and develop yourself as a salesperson, you can really do well on your commissions.

Cons

They change the commission structure frequently so you need to re-develop your strategies often. Sometimes I feel like in order to do well with sales, I need to force/coerce people to buy stuff they don't want/need

Advice to Management

When someone tells you they are interested in being a manager, offer them as many opportunities to grow and succeed in what they want...