Wireless Vision

www.wirelessvision.com
  www.wirelessvision.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wireless Vision

It is what you make it. If you do your job, sell, and look for ways to improve you will make money.

Current Employee - LSR
Current Employee - LSR

I have been working at Wireless Vision

Pros

The money is great if you can sell. You make your paycheck. Management has done a great job of making sure I know where I need to be. You get a lot of praise as long as you perform. I get paid vaca, benefits, great hours compared to most retail jobs. I see negative reviews and you have to realize you have to perform to succeed. Job has been great.

Cons

The job is performance driven and if you do not perform you will have a hard time. You have to be willing to change with the environment, give it 100 percent, and make your numbers. They will give you the tools but will not sell for you. A majority of your money is made off of commission. If you dont sell the money wont be there.

Keep doing what theyre doing. I work in a great store, and a great market.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Wireless Vision (View Most Recent)

Employee for 1.5yrs

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Wireless Vision

Pros

This was my first commission-based sales job, and it wasn't as cut-throat as I thought it would be. I was there from about a year before T-Mobile launched their Uncarrier campaign up to about a year after they launched it. Thee hourly pay, for a franchised store is on par with the rest of the other dealers. The commission structure changes from time to time, but that is expected because the wireless industry changes everyday. WV has really made an effort to have an easier commission structure, and I felt like they were going in the right direction.

Very flexible hours for people with other obligations like school. You may be asked to work overtime, because it seems like the store is always understaffed, but I didn't mind that. The commission was great, if you work hard and arrive to work with a positive attitude everyday, you'll make money. I was 20, and my first full year there I made about 32K, all-in-all, my average hourly pay was $21/hour (dividing $made by #hours worked). There were other reps around my age that made a lot more.

Overall, positive experience with WV. If you get a job there as a rep, hopefully you get a nice location.

- Nice pay for a job out of high school
    - Daily interactions with a variety of customers, increasing your customer service abilities
    - Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

- Pay is subpar from corporate retail stores, but then again, if you have no experience, corporate retail wouldn't take you anyway.
    - Seems to be a lot of upper management changes. I had 3 different DM's, 1 interim DM, and 5 different managers there. I was there for about only 1.5 years
    - They seem to hire externally for promotions rather than promote internally, in my experience

Roller Coaster Extraordinaire!

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun Atmosphere, Fun brand and enjoyable company. Good PTO and benefits and usually good pay. Company feels like a family. Some families have their dysfunctional moments but this one is generally pretty good. Out of my previous 5 places of employment, this company is either 1st or 2nd in overall satisfaction.

Cons

Things change too much. It's so hard to plan a budget while working for this company. I've gone from a $3000 commission check to a $700 commission check. I own a home, have a wife and 2 kids, and I just sometimes get frustrated with the constant change in pay. I stand for over 8 hours a day and my knees can't take it!! I'm not even old!

One month I think we have earned "best place to work" and other months I pull up craigslist and look for jobs. When it's great it's Great! Just wish every month was great.

Sometimes the goals are plain ridiculous. Company expectation is 12-14% total box conversion. In order to hit our goal this month on projected traffic, we'd have to run 20% conversion while factoring in company expectation on revenue per box. So how are we supposed to make money on that?

Find a way to round out commissions a little bit to provide a little more stability and reliability in take home pay. I understand the business changes from month to month with promotions but more hourly pay and less commission might help protect the employees from having poor checks every few months. Bottom line, poor months can turn any company into a less enjoyable place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Wireless Vision