There are newer employer reviews for Wireless Vision

This place has excellent leadership qualities and growth potential

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the main reasons that makes Wireless Vision stand out is the culture of growth and understanding that is passed on from the CEO's down. The emphasis is passed down that the growth for this company comes internally and the CEO is directly interested in how each employ performs all the way down to a rep level. When changes occur it is made sure that the structure of Wireless Vision is positive first for the reps then spread to the rest of the organization. Front line is first with development and is always working to make it a positive and fruitful experience for all involved. I have worked in the wireless industry for ten years and have never seen top to bottom commitment as I have seen at wireless vision. Pay is a bonus for working in an environment where not only are you cared for but also recognized consistently.

Cons

The cons of working at Wireless Vision have more to do with the ever changing pace of the wireless industry more so than the decisions of the powers that be. Change is constant but it is worked upon to make it a growing change.

Advice to Management

A newer statute has been raised of recognition early and often that I would like to see continued. We all have egos from the top down and we like seeing our efforts and ego being fed.

Oct 10, 2013Regional HRM

Thank you for your feedback! We truly care and listen to all the feedback we receive from the field. We're always striving to create the next new recognition contest or event to continue to recognize ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Poor experience

I worked at Wireless Vision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some good people, made decent money.

Cons

New senior leadership is awful. You have no chance at promotion beyond store manager, and you only get that if you sidle up to the right people. They add what they claim are new developmental pieces like Wireless Vision University and the MID program, but they put in who they like and who is tight with those making the decisions. Sales quotas are ridiculous and arbitrary; if you make any money one month, watch out - you won't make any again anytime soon. The senior leadership can't figure out what's important and what's not; they change their minds on a weekly basis on what's important, contradict themselves regularly, dangle carrots and act like there is a chance at getting ahead but when the time comes, they pull in a buddy from the outside (usually Best Buy). If you're desperate for a job, and you don't have any desire to succeed in life, this company may be for you. Everyone at the corporate office must feel the need to create some new policy or procedure just to justify their jobs, because we have three different audits, a completely failed schedule automation tool that contradicts the paper-thin, skeleton crew labor budgets they hand us.... are we trying to grow this business, or are we just a small time retail shop clerking customers with bad cell phone service?

Advice to Management

Tell the truth. Ditch the politics. Stop bringing in clueless people from the outside for high level positions. Value your people.

Oct 23, 2013Human Resources Manager

Wireless Vision was founded on our mission statement and core values including integrity and continue to live this everyday. Wireless Vision is committed to building our bench at all levels across ... More

Horrible

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wireless Vision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

.The only reason to work at this company is for the experience on your resume...

Cons

.No opportunity for growth, Yes they have created the MID program, which is Manager In Development, but they forgot to mention you have to be really good buddies with the market manager to get the chance. They talk about promoting from with in, what a joke. They just hired a new VP of sales who is bringing his Best Buy buddies along for the ride. This company is full of empty promises, low ball wages, motivate with fear, horrible benefits, and on top of all that no respect for the employees. In the company I have seen 2 great leaders get overlooked and told they were not good enough, when they could have made an impact on this company for the better. These new people have a lot of unnecessary ideas that make lives a lot more difficult for our management and reps.

Advice to Management

.take politics out, fulfill promises, motivate with optimism, get the time to get to know the people who are making you all that money, and respect is earned not given.

Oct 23, 2013Human Resources Manager

It's unfortunate that you have this perception of Wireless Vision. Over the last 60 days we have promoted over 20 associates across the organization. Wireless Vision is committed to building our ... More