There are newer employer reviews for Wireless Zone

One of the best Premium Retailers

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austintown, OH
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austintown, OH

I have been working at Wireless Zone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very organized and understanding. If you're new to sales they help you with everything. If you're experienced, they don't treat you like a newbie.

Cons

Commission structure is a little rough and harder to achieve in comparison to other retailers.

Work on commission structure.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Wireless Zone (View Most Recent)

Store Manager

I worked at Wireless Zone full-time

Pros

These stores are a franchise opportunity operating as a Verizon Wireless retail agent; and therefore owned by independent individuals. The pro's for me were more flexibility with scheduling, the ability to contribute my ideas about store policies and procedures, and a much more laid back approach- as opposed to corporate stores that chew you up and spit you out when you don't hit ridiculous quotas.

Cons

The pay is dependent on the store owner; it can be descent, or pretty bad. It all depends on their financial state, and how well they run the business. I was able to secure a fair salary between 25-30K. I also received bonuses up to $600 a month. But this soon changed after a few years, and I found myself working many more hours, and no commissions due to financial constraints of the owner. I eventually quit due to dropping pay, poor senior management, and lack of respect towards all employees.

Be involved in your business, and know how to perform the same results you expect from your people. Also, you get what you pay for. Hiring guys to live on $12/hr is pretty ridiculous. If you can't pay successful sales people a professional salary - then don't start your own franchise unless you plan to run it all yourself.

It's a job

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

predictable hours, good training program. all stores are independently owned, so your mileage may vary when it comes to working at one of these stores. there are a lot of good people in the franchise organization.

Cons

store often slow, commission based, so that affects paycheck. selling wireless phones in a brick and mortar environment is becoming increasingly more challenging as more people turn to online retailers, who often have prices you can't think of matching without losing your paycheck.

There are newer employer reviews for Wireless Zone