Wireless Zone

Sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Wireless Zone

Pros

Company carried the #1 cellular provider so customers really liked the coverage. We were able to carry the full line up of cell phones and accessories.

Cons

Felt that WZ corporate should have grown a set and stood up to Verizon corporate more. We constantly had to put up with Competing against Verizon stores on price and not having the latest phones until VZW had them first for a good 2 months. Also VZW corporate stores would bad mouth our stores telling customers that we were not REAL Verizon stores and that the customers should return their purchases to the Wireless Zone and then go to a corporate Verizon store instead.

Keep your friends close and Verizon closer. Maybe take a lesson from Best Buy Mobile and spread the love by carrying AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Wireless Zone (View Most Recent)

A fantastic working environment, rewarding work alongside an array of compelling people.

Current Employee - Director of Inbound Marketing in Middletown, CT
    Current Employee - Director of Inbound Marketing in Middletown, CT

I have been working at Wireless Zone

Pros

First of all- I work in the corporate office of Automotive Technologies Inc. which is the parent company of Wireless Zone, which is a franchise. Wireless Zone (ATI) really values their employees. You can tell from the small amount of turnover in corporate employees.
    The health/dental/life benefits are pretty typical, but vacation time, I consider a perk. When I reach ten years a few months from now I will be eligible for 5 weeks off a year.
    The other perks that show how much employees are valued are things like getting time off, or leaving half day for whatever reason without any hassle. When the weather is really bad, there is typically a delay in starting time or the offices close altogether. Sometimes we are encouraged to leave early so we can get home safe if the weather turns bad during the work day.
    Aside from all of that, its a very pleasant working environment, the owners and senior staff is very approachable and its just an all around fantastic place to work.

Cons

I really can't think of any downsides.

Like any other company, we sometimes lack in communicating. I think we've gotten better in the last year or two but feedback always helps an employee know how they are doing and maybe more importantly how the company as a whole is doing.

Decent start in retail

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Wireless Zone full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good entry level sales job, provided good training and room to grow. they provided both technical and sales training

Cons

the job could be very stressful at times with strict deadlines and quotas, hours could also be long. there were occasionally unreasonable expectations

they have to learn to understand that sometimes even when you do everything correctly, new sales simply do not happen.

There are newer employer reviews for Wireless Zone