Fun, fast-paced, friendly environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Wishabi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Goodlife membership included, catered lunches on Fridays, coworkers are fun-loving people, always busy (never bored), new challenges daily, young workplace with a lot of vitality, compensation is around market. I go out with coworkers 2-3 times a week after work for dinner or drinks or both, go to concerts with them, generally just fun people to be around

Cons

In the same way that you're never bored, hard work is required to keep up with the fast pace

reviews filtered by

Great place to work with a bunch of friends

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Wishabi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Work hard, play hard. We have lofty goals and the team works hard to achieve them.
    - Good compensation and rewards.
    - Awesome team events. Ski trip! Sports teams! Raptors Game! I love hanging out with my co-workers

Cons

- We work pretty hard (especially in Q4 due to retail). I don't mind it it's challenging
    - It's tough to see other people on the other floor. Hopefully the new office will change this.

Advice to Management

Culture is pretty good, and we need to work harder to maintain this.

SW Developer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Wishabi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The first thing is the people and the great culture. Truly a family like environment where collaboration and growth is highly promoted. I also love the amount of learning and being able to work on cool and challenging projects. We're really doing something that hasn't been done before so lots of opportunity to make a huge impact on people lives. I also love the work-life balance and all the company trips we have been on including Blue mountain and Skiing. Overall Wishabi is a great place to work and I look forward to our company growing more and continuing to make an impact on people's lives.

Cons

As some previous reviews mentioned working for Wishbai is not for everyone. It is a fast paced environment where you can't coast as everyone is held accountable. If your looking for a role thats challenging, fast paced and also lots of learning then Wishabi is the place to be. In the short amount of time that I've been here i have learned a ton and grown as a more well rounded developer.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, maintain the same culture that has been with us from the start.