There are newer employer reviews for Wm Morrison Supermarkets

Good part-time job for a student

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England (UK)

Pros

Very good in terms of flexible working hours in the long term, but not so helpful if there is a short term need. Senior management is excellent, very professional and competent (generally). I only work on the weekend, as a student, the work is easy and if you are with like-minded people, it can be very enjoyable. Time-and-a-half pay on a sunday! awesomes!

Cons

Middle management can very often be terrible, promotions giving to people simply not worthy of it. training can be very poor. they seem to employ absolutely anyone, this can often lead to working with people who are incompetent at their job.

Advice to Management

Be a bit picky!!!! dont simply employ anyone who applys, take advantage of students, we are smart and professional and want something good for our cv, so exploit us more instead of employing full-time staff who are utterly hopeless!

Other Employee Reviews for Wm Morrison Supermarkets

1. Working for Morrisons

Current Employee - Admin Assistant
    Current Employee - Admin Assistant

Pros

Good support, opportunity to progress, recognition of talent, friendly staff, good benefits for employees and social events, good pay once into management

Cons

Hard work, may have to work overtime some times to cover other people, you are expected to know everything from the start so must learn quickly

Advice to Management

The leadership structure is very good at morrisons, the senior tea work well and know how best to sell products effectively and efficiently.

2. Checkout Operator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, SD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, SD

I worked at Wm Morrison Supermarkets (More than a year)

Pros

Some customers were friendly and made your day better. Good break times. A few staff competitions to get involved in every once in a while as well as charity events to get involved in.

Cons

Not great work to life balance. I had a few bumps in the road when asking for time off due to studies/family illness or attempting to get shift swaps. Supervisors never cared much for their dept staff therefore them leading us to do the crappy jobs if they were too lazy to do it themselves. One of the managers was not a great leader in the ways of his leadership approach - some staff like to be left to do their job without a manager interfering every 10 minutes which annoyed some staff which made us feel like he/she was undermining our abilities. Customers are obviously going to be a con and pro, however my particular store never took action when a customer treated an employee disrespectfully. In general, overall dull, negative environment working with morrisons - at least my store, which in the end it was one of the reasons it lead me to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Trust staff, and let them get on with their jobs without nagging them.