There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer

An international corporation with a small town feel

Current Contractor - Quality Assurance in Wichita, KS
Current Contractor - Quality Assurance in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture that cares for it's employees and the community we work and live in. Plenty of room for advancement exists as well

Cons

I'm not sure I have found a con for working for CCH. I spent 2 seasons working as a seasonal, skipped 2 seasons, then came back for one season that resulted in moving to a different department where I could have a year-round, not seasonal, job

Advice to Management

I don't have any. Management is very connected to the staff and allows them to make intelligent decisions rather than be micromanaged.

Other Employee Reviews for Wolters Kluwer

Good money, good overtime, no positive reinforcement

Former Employee - Trademark Researcher in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trademark Researcher in New York, NY

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to increase income. Between weekends and nights, getting paid for overtime made this job worth keeping.

Cons

Zero positive reinforcement, lots of negativity. I was no stranger to hearing what I had done wrong but cannot remember many instances of being told I did something right.

Awesome! If you are into masochism.

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some really, really great people work under the same ignorant arrogance. Four weeks of vacation and floating holidays-a-plenty. Uhhhh...the Baltimore office is really cool. The sales force and sales leadership are awesome, awesome people.

Cons

The workload is absolutely intolerable and most people, other than senior management, are totally unhappy there but don't know what else to do. People are suffering in silence or leaving. This is the same company as Wolters Kluwer Health, so do yourself a favor and look there as well. Creativity and thinking outside of what a few leaders want is unwelcome, although they claim this is what they want. There are signs all over the place that say, "QUIET! Work in Progress." That stifling spirit exists throughout the entire organization. Culture and Values? Neither exist.

Advice to Management

Lighten up! Seriously! Fire yourselves and allow HR to hire people with some personality and creativity who don't take themselves so seriously. You publish books about curing cancer, but you are not actually curing cancer.