Wolters Kluwer

There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer

Great Flexibility

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work from home. Good Money for Sales Rep in Corporate Tax

Cons

Segmented Market and divided products that sales force could sell. Territories became enormous.

577 Other Employee Reviews for Wolters Kluwer (View Most Recent)

Out of Touch Management

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time

Pros

They pretty much stay out of your hair because they don't even know what we actually do.

Cons

They only care about more money - this year, this quarter, this month. No concern for quality of work, customer satisfaction or long-term relationship building with customers.

Get someone with a legal background at the top. An MBA doesn't know anything about law firm culture or the real basis of the business.

Work/life balance here is all work and no life

Current Employee - Research
    Current Employee - Research

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time

Pros

Paid overtime.
    Weekend work. If you haven't already had enough of doing research during the week.
    Lunch provided sometimes. Allegedly its to thank researchers for all their hard work...but we all known its just so we don't have to leave the office and so we can just keep working through lunch.

Cons

Excessive amounts of overtime (50+ hours/week), you also have to ask permission to leave at a reasonable hour I.e. 5/530 even if you will have already worked more than 8 hours at that point. As previous posters noted, you will have no life. Don't even try to make plans during the week because you will either be late or not make them.
    Tedious work. If you enjoy constantly repetitive work for countless hours, this is the job for you.
    No recognition for good work, constant penalization for minor mistakes
    No advancement opportunities
    Little/no human interaction (all work is on a computer)

Management is apparently ok with the fact that turnover is remarkably high because they have done very little to make people want to stay. What measures they have taken have had very little effect. In fact, some measures have had the opposite effect of their stated purpose. Perhaps management should care more about their employees instead of grinding them down until they just can't take anymore and quit...but that probably won't happen anytime soon.

There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer