There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer

Work work work and more work-no work life balance at all

Current Employee - Sales  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and wonderful people who really try to help you navigate the huge disorganized mess that is CT Corporation.

Cons

I have no doubt the founding fathers never thought it was going to get this big and bureaucratic. % steps forward and 10 steps back as you navigate through the mess of outdated systems and rules within rules for rules. Also the culture of Ct is massive micro-management. That;'s the only way managers can keep their jobs. 50-70 hour work weeks not uncommon so if you have a family life say goodbye to it.

STOP micromanaging and start learning about how to motivate your workers and trust them.

540 Other Employee Reviews for Wolters Kluwer (View Most Recent)

Great company, product, and culture but needs organizational help

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time

Pros

Wonderful product - the best in the market - this product replaces text books at medical schools; Medical reference topics are written by top physician specialists in their field, akin to having a top consultant friend for every medical discipline/subject area.
    Clinicians and other users love UpToDate - our users sell our products - I've never seen so much fan mail.
    Competition has to resort to spin and misleading advertising to gain market share - their topics are written by medical writers, not physicians; and they contain substantial inaccurate recommendations.
    Committed employees who believe in improving patient care.
    Great bonuses.
    Employees are treated kindly and respectfully by management, far better than at most similar high tech companies.
    Deeply committed and astute female MD CEO who 'tells it like it is'.
    Part of Wolters Kluwer Health (WKH), umbrella parent company with breath and depth of offerings, so we have a promising future as part of larger suite of products.
    We listen to our customers and believe in the 'wisdom of the crowd' where user feedback constantly helps us curate our medical content; customers also help us refine features and UI design.

Cons

Base salary lower than most comparable high tech companies.
    Hierarchical and rigid management in some departments, akin to a 'medical center' environment, as many MDs are top managers.
    Company grew from a publishing to a software company, growing pains.
    Consensus senior management, so change is slow and painful.
    Lack of organizational infrastructure in many areas.
    Political difficulties with sister companies in WKH - lack of high level WKH direction leaves individual OUs to duke it out by themselves.
    Hiring the best medical specialists in the field and including top graphics means substantial royalty payments, so the product is expensive and eats into a healthcare organization's budget - overcoming this hurdle is difficult in today's economic environment where most healthcare organizations are asked to slash budgets.

Hire a good COO and program organizational staff so that the content executive management isn't running the company; and allow those groups to improve the infrastructure and make decisions.

Run Run Run Away

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer

Pros

None....Bunch of deceptive managers
    I really can't conjure up anything positive other than work life balance....Frankly that's becuase you cannot get anything done you will rather go home than stay in office doing nothing

Cons

They make up numbers and say that the company is frowing 10% while the numbers are declining.

C&G in particular is really bad with a extremely bad management team

The turnover is huge these days. No employee lasts more than 1-2 years.The NY sales team expereinced a 100% turnover in less than a year....that just speaks volumes for itself

You can get nothing done in this firm as management is in denial, deceptive and are not supportive of employees

Even god cannot help them.....No advice as many empoyees have quit and provided feedback without any results

Sorry folks it's not going to change and since its a cash cow business this business will steadily decline but it will take time....For those in the firm if you like this environment stay, if not you have no choice but to quit

There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer

Worked for Wolters Kluwer? Contribute to the Community!