Wolters Kluwer
www.wolterskluwer.com Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands 5000+ Employees

Struggling to change, but with legacy management tools

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Riverwoods, IL

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than a year

ProsWolters Kluwer has a large pool of talented people. The culture is collaborative within groups. The defined corporate strategy is sensible: moving up the value chain with clients, by embedding content within clients workflow processes.

ConsBudget constraints & concerns flavor all human resource planning. Human resource support is basic, but getting better. Difficult to get approvals for creation of new positions, either to provide room for promotions, or to hire necessary additional support positions.

The company is also hampered by silos of technology and of processes - with poor tools and little cultural support for breaking down silos and barriers to collaboration across groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementWolters Kluwer needs to examine its existing groups & decide where levels of investment need to be made not just based upon a profitability/growth spectrum, but also based upon potential profitability/growth. The lack of investment in talent, technology and organizational change in existing groups that don't meet p/g targets leads to a cycle where change can't be effectively implemented.

Technical Support Representative

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I have nothing but great things to say about working here. I started my Technical Support career here and learned a great deal of… Cons: None that I can think of. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a bad place to work for depending in what business unit you work in.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Telecommuting is widely accepted and all equipment is provided at company cost Benefits include Profit… Cons: Education reimbursement is up to your department not a company… Advice to Senior Management: Need to drill down to middle management and workers to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Wolters Kluwer.

Worked for Wolters Kluwer? Contribute to the Community!

Wolters Kluwer – Why Work for Us?

Wolters Kluwer - When you have to be right ​​​ ​​Customers We serve professionals in the legal, tax, finance, and healthcare markets in over 150 countries​​ ​​Markets​ Legal, business, tax, accounting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wolters Kluwer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wolters Kluwer CEO Nancy McKinstry. All reviews posted anonymously by Wolters Kluwer employees.