Wolters Kluwer

www.wolterskluwer.com
  www.wolterskluwer.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer

WKFS provided me the training and opportunity to develop experience and skills while receiving a fair income.

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Career advancement opportunity and established solutions.

Cons

Employee turnover in a complex, detail oriented selling environment.

I've valued my mutually beneficial time with WKFS.

594 Other Employee Reviews for Wolters Kluwer (View Most Recent)

This place is a LIVING HELL!!!

Current Employee - Team Manager
    Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic place to work……For the Sado Masochistic.

Cons

Management is merciless and will devour every second of every day, emails at 3 AM and constant calls even if you are on vacation and/or out of the state/country. I had my manager call me on my vacation to dial into a meeting while I was on vacation so she didn’t have to go over the information with me individually or as she so graciously put it “again”. So don’t even think about having a life outside work. No one takes ownership of anything, a bunch of whiney, inept, self-pitting employees. No direction, no organization and skeleton staffing. Oppressive environment, management can do nothing wrong and you can do nothing right. Living hell is an understatement. Bullied into submission by the underlying fear that you could be fired at any moment. Hundreds of hours of Overtime are worked, breaks and lunches are skipped but employees hide the fact that they are working thru because they cant keep up with the volumes of work. The busiest month is probably December in which a 8 person team banked 263 hrs of “official” OT. You do the math….CT would sell their own Mother to either save or make a buck.

Grow a pair and Do What Is Right!!!

The "innovative spirit" is gone.

I have been working at Wolters Kluwer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The offices of the subsidiary for which I am employed is a casual work environment, much flexibility with the PTO and work schedule, some smart and very good people still work here.

Cons

Promotion is almost done by attrition, and there isn't much recognition of those that are willing to do what it takes to help the company - only those that stay for X years. As a result, there are some very shoddy individuals in leadership positions and some departments are extremely dissatisfied. Stagnation in many areas of the company in regards to the product development/improvement efforts and an unwillingness to give adequate rewards to employees.

If employee retention is truly a goal, then do what is necessary to retain employees. One cannot be constantly delivering a message as to the impressive company performance and revenue increases internally while also refusing to provide anything more than a 2% pittance at review time.

Also, the core of the company has completely lost its desire/drive to innovate. A company rooted in software should be constantly moving forward and developing ways in which to be cutting edge.

There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer