There are newer employer reviews for Wolters Kluwer

Lots of potential and resources

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture struck a good balance between being formal and serious (what you'd expect from a large corporation) with being casual, flexible and approachable. Benefits were generous and salary was competitive. If you're self-motivated, you'll have no problem navigating the ropes to get stuff done.

Cons

Lacking strength in management and support for young professionals. One big frustration: too much reliance on email for collaboration! And it was often disappointing to be compared to the competition.

Advice to Management

Innovation and professional development initiatives were too siloed and more needs to be done to attract/retain talent.

Other Employee Reviews for Wolters Kluwer

Has no respect for long-term loyal employees

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexible schedule and telecommuting policies

Cons

No respect for exempt employee overtime, overall salaries and employee's themselves. They guarantee stockholders the world, all on the employee's back.

Advice to Management

Actually follow some of the employment and labor law/regulations that they reproduce and/or put on the internet with bells and whistles for subscribers. I was a long time loyal employee, who worked their way up, only to be crushed toward the end of a stellar career.

2. This is a truly outstanding place to work and I highly recommend it!

I worked at Wolters Kluwer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very competitive pay, good benefits, good leadership, great name/brand recognition and an overall positive work environment.

Cons

During my tenure, there was a lack of available Management and Senior Management positions available for motivated younger professionals who were ready for career advancement. I hear that "con" may have changed for the better in the last year or two, so there may currently be more opportunity for career advancement than in the past.

Advice to Management

Listen CLOSELY to the folks on the ground level for industry trends, make room (even create new positions) for the younger/newer professionals to move up within the company and continue to stay ahead of the pack in innovation.