Women for Women International

www.womentowomen.org

Guilty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe mission of the organization on paper sounds impressive.

ConsUnfortunately the fantastic mission statement doesn’t translate to measureable changes in the life of the people it serve. The training of older Afghan, Congolese and Rwandan women on the legal system and beauty care will hardly impact the grim reality on the ground.
Keep in mind less than 20% is actually going toward program if you remove the senior executives and mid- level managers seating in DC assigned to program.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of bread making a skill that can easily be acquired by anyone in those countries try the following approach:
1. Fund primary and secondary education
2. Provide scholarships
3. Fund health projects
With over $40 million per year the organization can fund college tuition of hundreds of women at $900 per year for each. That will translate to generation improvement of life and really change those societies for the better. I have had the opportunity to work in the field and we were not improving the life of most participant. It certainly feels good on the surface but the reality is a bit different. If the organization focus on funding education and health by using the existing providers it could certainly reduce it staff and executive footprint by 60%. Increase the M&E and Coordination Capacity and reduce offices and staff.

Wonderful experience and supportive environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Women for Women International part-time

Pros: Encouraging work environment, great global access and learning experiences. Cons: Sometimes somewhat disorganized across departments. Advice to Senior Management: No advice, good management team. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Receptionist

Receptionist (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Women for Women International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, predictable working hours, low stress Cons: No possibility to grow in position, management encourages diva mentality… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Women for Women International.

Worked for Women for Women International? Contribute to the Community!