it is good

I have been working at Wood Group Kenny

Pros

People here are very friendly and it is not that pushing all the time.

Cons

There are not so many chinese people

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Subsea Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Subsea Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wood Group Kenny full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers an excellent career development program and a competitive compensation package.

Cons

Dont have any cons at the moment.

2. BEWARE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Wood Group Kenny

Pros

work-life balance and vacation - very small office (pro & con)

Cons

This company first seemed like a very promising one. I searched and searched because I wanted the ability to gain entry into the Oil & Gas Industry in my profession. After interviewing and receiving the offer letter, I was looking very forward to joining the company until I actually started. Once I started, I felt a negative presence within the company and within the department. Many people began speaking negatively about the company itself and about the peers there. No one seemed to care whether the company succeeded or not, did not care or offer to help teach or show me around. I don't need anyone to walk with me or hold my hand as I am capable enough to succeed on my own but the company culture was a very negative one. I witnessed many arguments with co-workers and even became witness to arguments being held over the phone with one another. No leadership at all and management did not seem to take care of issues or resolve any problems colleagues had. At the end of the day I had to make a strong choice on whether to continue for the good money and position I accepted or to resign for the happiness of my life. I did not want to be miserable going to work everyday with a negative vibe or ambience in culture, so I decided to resign.

Advice to Management

Please improve work culture as I have heard many others whom have left this same company due to the nature and negative work culture atmosphere. Company has great potential but management needs to help address issues or hire more leaders and do everything possible to retain them. Even some of your own management lacks leadership capabilities.