There are newer employer reviews for Woodmoor Group

A unique place to work, high risk, high reward model

Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Woodmoor Group

Pros

Comfortable office
Flexible work hours
Some very good people - supportive of my efforts
High income potential

Cons

Leadership
Low income -commission based comp
Long commute if you are not near Monument area

Woodmoor Group Response

Apr 3, 2014CEO

Thanks for your honest review of our company. I take all feedback seriously, and I hope we are making positive changes. We still hold true to a strong work/life balance, and indeed it is a high ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. Go to Work for Another Search Firm

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter

I worked at Woodmoor Group

Pros

Freedom, flexibility of hours, good support staff, nice office facilities and equipment, high earning potential (like any other search firm).

Cons

No career path, pettiness among recruiters, many talented people become frustrated and leave, ownership openly bickers and causes uncertainty about future of company.

Advice to Management

You must decide NOW: is it time to shut down or time to invest and getting it running well. You can't go on like this.

Woodmoor Group Response

Apr 3, 2014CEO

Wow, I can sure appreciate the pain and frustration in your comment. Woodmoor Group did indeed go through some deep waters in that time-frame. Fortunately, we made it through and it’s a new day ... More

2. Moving forward and making positive changes at Woodmoor is making a difference.

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Monument, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Monument, CO

I have been working at Woodmoor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Woodmoor was already a good company when I started, but with recent changes being made, it is becoming an even better company. Improvements in management style, a commitment to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of recruiter training, and a clearer, stronger feeling of "family" within the organization makes this place an even more attractive opportunity.

Cons

Training is still not where everyone wants it to be right now, but it is a whole lot better than it was in the past. Also, the technology learning curve is flattening out, but there are still some challenges.

Advice to Management

If the current changes and improvements keep moving in the same direction, there is no doubt this will be even more of a great opportunity for the right person. Stay the course and keep treating everyone like family.