Woodruff-Sawyer & Co.

www.wsandco.com
  www.wsandco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Woodruff-Sawyer & Co.

A breath of fresh air for the brokerage business...

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

After spending years working for one of the big box brokers, working at WSandCo has been an amazing breath of fresh air. This company is very client focused, and if it makes sense for the client, it gets done. This is an old school brokerage house that feels like how broking was done 20 years ago...done right! Senior Management is very involved and no one is left feeling alone and unsupported. Great people, great support and great work/life balance.

Cons

Absolutely none - coming from a big box broker with a lot of issues/cons, there is nothing to complain about regarding WSandCo!

Don't change a thing. Your involvement in accounts and people's careers sets you apart from the competition - employees are happy and clients are happy!

15 Other Employee Reviews for Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. (View Most Recent)

Great Culture!

Current Employee - Senior Acct Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Acct Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture, work environment and investment in employees are above any other competing firm out there! They provide every other Friday off for those who are Senior Account Managers and below. Autonomy is rampant but expectations are that you will perform your best. Many who take a position here as their first job have no idea how great this company is.

Cons

They could have a training program for producers and account executives- no formal plan.

Good Experience - Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Woodruff-Sawyer is not only a good place to work, but has great employees. People are generally passionate about what they do and creating a better experience for their clients and colleagues.

Some of the biggest positives include:
    -- Passionate employees and senior leadership
    -- Great work-life balance (some people have every other Friday off)
    -- Fun opportunities to socialize outside of work (company picnic, Halloween Party, etc.)
    -- Knowledgeable staff - there is always more to learn from other’s expertise
    -- Good benefits
    -- Entrepreneurial spirit - there are opportunities to get in-front of leadership with different project or group ideas

Cons

While I enjoy working for WS, there are a few things that could be improved. Some of this depends on the opportunities within a department.

For me these would include:
    -- Internal teams can be small and busy, sometimes it takes longer than expected to get internal projects done
    -- Limited growth – this really depends on your department/interests, I wanted experience I couldn’t gain through my role
    -- Limited “fun” benefits – WS offers great health and life benefits, I would have enjoyed more on gym discounts, wellness benefits, or PTO vs sick and vacation. This again is personal preference

There are newer employer reviews for Woodruff-Sawyer & Co.