There are newer employer reviews for Woodstream

Could be A LOT better

Current Employee - SR1 in Lititz, PA
Current Employee - SR1 in Lititz, PA

I have been working at Woodstream full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits,
Easy work, workday moves along quick,
All major holidays off, + a few floating holidays to use whenever,
Good employees to work with,
The raised starting $, so if you start now you'll be making as much as senior employees

Cons

Short overtime notices,
After working 40+ hours one week probability of being sent home early the next,
No internal advancement available for hourly employees,
Mundane issues are constantly brought up, when serious saftey hazards are not reviewed

Take care of current employees instead of those you're bringing in the door, handle issues brought up by the people who deal with these problems everyday, we do the job we know how to make it better.. Its easy to sit and the office and dictate, its hard to actually be part of the "team" you're trying to create..

reviews filtered by

Woodstream

Current Employee - WAREHOUSE ORDER PULLER in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - WAREHOUSE ORDER PULLER in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Woodstream

Pros

Good benefits / affordable. Lots of over time but hit and miss. Does have a 401K plan but only pays 25% up to 6% with a yearly company donation.

Cons

Will work 50 to 60 hours 1 week then they send us home early the next week. Poor management. Only get 1 raise per year that doest keep up with the cost of living. No potential to make a decent wage.

Stop holding back raises. to end the turn over. have a set pay scale to give us something to work for. An annual rise of 3% doesnt keep up with the cost of living

2. It's alright

Current Employee - Pro A in Lititz, PA
    Current Employee - Pro A in Lititz, PA

I have been working at Woodstream full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent work environment, steady hours, plenty of chances to learn other processes. Zero experience required, and a 60 cent shift differential for 2nd and 3rd.

Cons

Union workplace, seniority based advancement, no incentive to do more than the bare minimum, pay is not that great, and management tends to be not very bright.

Left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing, and there needs to be a much larger push for preventative maintenance.

There are newer employer reviews for Woodstream