There are newer employer reviews for Word & Brown

It was fine while It lasted

I worked at Word & Brown

Pros

There were several business opportunities, and a lot of job openings at one time 3 years ago, when I first joined the company. It seemed like the future was rosy.

Cons

However, the President of our division decided to disband and closed our operations and move it out of state. proceeded to lay everyone off which were a few hundred people.

Advice to Management

Spend money on employees not on yachts to take trips to Catalina, and around Newport Harbor for entertaining prospective brokers. Spend the money on retaining talented employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great people, but pay could be higher.

I have been working at Word & Brown full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working environment is outstanding. I love everyone I work with and work for. The Christmas Party and Employee Appreciation Day are the highlights of the year. Owners are accessible and pretty down to earth.

Cons

The wages are not as high as other places in the industry. There are some issues with management playing favorites. Some occasions where family members work under one another.

Advice to Management

Look to give opportunities to people within the company. There are a lot of talented people who work for the company and are not given the opportunity to prove themselves.

2. Triage Rep

Current Employee - Triage Representative in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Triage Representative in Orange, CA

I have been working at Word & Brown full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was there for 3 weeks so I don't know if the people are genuinely friendly or they were just acting like it.

Cons

Here are some facts, you can figure out if this particular job is meant for you or not.

1. Unprofessional, the supervisors and managers even eat on the call center floor, even
        though the employee handbook states to not to because it distracts the employees. In my opinion good managers are good role models.
    2 The air is very cold in the room and I can tell that the AC is not cleaned because I'm sensitive to general dust and I can tell they have a lot of dust.
    3. The chair is old and has no lumbar or neck support, and the desk is not ergonomic, no wristpad for keyboard or one for the mouse. For their permanant employees I noticied they had better chairs. Although, we are temporary treat all employees with the same level of respect. The permanant employees get to go to Catillena and us Temps we don't qualify for most employee activities.
    3. Read a script that is long and for me personally it affected my personal life where I got an infection - this might be due to the AC and my sensitive allergies to dust.
    3. Depending on the employees some are nosy and ask you to many questions and tell you things that a Supervisors job is for so I found this job to be more marketed for people that are going to school / are struggling to get a job.
    3. If you are wanting to grow long term in a career the odds are that you might not grow within because most of the employees are hired / promoted within by family or friends that work there.
    4. I think I was getting underpaid some people mentioned they were making $15 per hour, I was making less than that.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with respect indirectly and directly or else people will not appreciate you. Also consider dusting or cleaning the AC or inform your property manager to do so. Golden rule, treat everyone as if you would like to be treated. Please note I am not recommending or Disapporing of the CEO since I was there only 3 weeks.