There are newer employer reviews for Word & Brown

It was fine while It lasted

I worked at Word & Brown

Pros

There were several business opportunities, and a lot of job openings at one time 3 years ago, when I first joined the company. It seemed like the future was rosy.

Cons

However, the President of our division decided to disband and closed our operations and move it out of state. proceeded to lay everyone off which were a few hundred people.

Spend money on employees not on yachts to take trips to Catalina, and around Newport Harbor for entertaining prospective brokers. Spend the money on retaining talented employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great people, but pay could be higher.

I have been working at Word & Brown full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working environment is outstanding. I love everyone I work with and work for. The Christmas Party and Employee Appreciation Day are the highlights of the year. Owners are accessible and pretty down to earth.

Cons

The wages are not as high as other places in the industry. There are some issues with management playing favorites. Some occasions where family members work under one another.

Look to give opportunities to people within the company. There are a lot of talented people who work for the company and are not given the opportunity to prove themselves.

2. Lack fo leadership in management.

I worked at Word & Brown full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good. Work place environment is good.

Cons

Management does not know how to develop and assist their employees to be successfully. Management will not recognize individuals that excel, especially in the IT departments. Management leads by emotion, and is narrow vision. Management is clickish and politics is a way of life.

Utilize and leverage your employees skills and experiences. Listen and be attentive in each of the departments. Show more leadership in helping develop and make your employees successful. All levels of management (new and old) should undergo a true training course in leadership and people skills. Especially in the areas of Integrity, Excellence and Respect for each other. Elevating only yourself is not a sign of good leadership. Establish a new culture of Trust and Respect.. Elevate individuals to management if they deserve it, not just because they have tenure in the company and been their for years.

There are newer employer reviews for Word & Brown