Awesome opportunity

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

-Amazing colleagues -Startup atmosphere Work Market was a great place to network with the best of the best in the internet startup world

Cons

-Long hours But they buy you dinner!

Advice to Management

Keep rocking!

Other Employee Reviews for Work Market

1. Sales Executive

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Work Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership, supreme talent, best in class software, good base salary, access to industry influencers and thought leaders. Fun work space. Great new office (location in mid town isn't ideal though). No limit on vacations, but you have to perform. Talent, leadership and product puts us head and shoulders above competition. It also positions us as the leader in a rapidly growing industry. Feels like we are at google or Facebook before it got huge, we know we are working on something special. Product is size and industry agnostic, lots of blue ocean from smb to enterprise in any industry where freelancers are leveraged. If you know your not a rock star this isn't a place for you. Working and learning from world class talent and leadership is a career opportunity unrivaled. Atmosphere that drives winning. Great culture!

Cons

Depending on your department not a ton of room for advancement, but that will change as we grow. No matching 401k, long hours, you must bring it every day, which to me is a good thing but to others that want to slack may be a deterrent

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to lay out a clear career path and advancement opportunities for current employees who are interested in internal vertical movement. Talent will leave if there is nowhere to go. Also a matching 401k would be nice.

2. On a Growth Trajectory

Current Employee - New York in New York, NY
    Current Employee - New York in New York, NY

Pros

--Passionate management team. --Huge market. --Great investors. --Fantastic new hires. There's a lot of work to be done at Work Market and management is building the team to do it.

Cons

Allot of legacy nonsense to rebuild and rework. The office location is less than ideal, but we are moving soon so that is something to look forward to.

Advice to Management

There is still some house keeping to be done as the company grows. Use this transition period as an opportunity to improve the culture and become a center of R&D. We are already seeing the start of it so please keep going.