Would have been better if I was ex PeopleSoft

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Great product. Company soley focused on going public and anything that gets in the way gets chopped.

Cons

Nepotism reigns supreme here as it is a family run company. I have never seen such classlessness in the firing of some employees for no reason aka wrongful terminations. Management would look at this as just a means of growing the company. There are some Directors/Managers that are toxic to the org's culture.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Your slogan to customers is invest in your people buy WD have better access to talent/decision making/etc. But you don't do this internally? Why not?

reviews filtered by

Great company with great opportunities

I have been working at Workday

Pros

This place is on a roll...the product is awesome, the new business is pouring in, and the clients are very happy. The senior leadership is very impressive: humble, extremely bright, and most of them have already managed organizations through very rapid growth. Workday is filled with very smart people who leave their egos at the door, instead focusing on making our product and service great. I never worked at Peoplesoft, and I don't think it matters. I've never felt like an outsider for a moment (contrary to other comments posted here).

Cons

This place is moving very quickly, so expectations are high. We're pushed out of our comfort zone - those with faith in themselves can handle it. Workday isn't for those who want a slow, relaxed, ramp up period.

Advice to Management

Our management team is phenomenal. More pay and options would be nice.

It's an innovative company with a lot of potential and a good sense of humor, I'm excited to be here!

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Everyone works hard, coworkers are friendly, I feel like I'm part of a team rather than competing with my coworkers.

Cons

Everything moves very quickly, it's difficult to keep up. Once you think you've mastered an area of the software, it changes.

Advice to Management

Focus on innovation in all areas of the organization, not just product innovation. Workday is different than other HR vendors so I would expect deployment, training, and sales of Workday to be as different from traditional ERP as the product is. Also, keep investing in Workday Labs! What a great concept.