Workday

www.workday.com
  www.workday.com
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Great Technology, Great Vision - Poorly executed..

Current Employee - Financial Development - Developer
Current Employee - Financial Development - Developer

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Great Technology
Great Vision
Fun People to work with
Strive to do your best

Cons

Inexperience Management
Decisions come from one person with little room for feedback
No Career Path - after entry level - you are stuck in a path to no where
Internal fighting between development (engineering) and product management (business)
Everyone reports to one person -- that one person has no time to talk and eventually ignores you.

If you plan to keep good people and be the BEST, then you need to start to clean house from the TOP... the people you promote to management aren't really good managers -- You provide HR applications... it's about time you develop your own HR team and create solid careers paths in development and in other areas... right now, for example, your financial development team is headed by one person and everyone reports to one person... no growth for anyone on the team -- that one person has absolute control... not the best way to run your engineering team.

155 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Truly a great place to work!

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Team mentality; very positive working environment.

Cons

Onboarding was difficult - not a lot of structure/formality. Hard to meet/get to know coworkers. But, I think this has to do with the fact that they in such a big growth phase right now and they're trying to get procedures in place to handle this.

The Right Place To Be

I have been working at Workday

Pros

I feel fortunate to be working here. Workday is one of the most exciting places to work right now, and has a very bright future. I have a fantastic relationship with my supervisor, and the work is fun and interesting. I've never been afraid to say what's on my mind, which is rare.

Cons

It's a fast growing company and changing quickly, so only join the ride if you can handle the speed. With all the new hires, there is a bit of a "land grab" for ownership of things, but that's what happens when a lot of ambitious and smart people come together. Not really a worry since there's plenty of work and opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday