Workday

www.workday.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Corporate snake pit if you are on the wrong side of the political animals

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Workday

Pros

Good potential for IPO, if you have the right manager it can be a great place to work

Cons

Toxic political environment, all the downsides of a large company crammed into a startup

Don't pigeon hole people and learn to accept criticism freely

173 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Don't believe anything they say!

I have been working at Workday full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay
    Travel Opportunities
    Fantastic product
    Great internal software eg; skype, salesforce etc

Cons

Terrible culture - they will go behind your back and lie to you. There is no transparency or honesty
    Global company - very confusing different rules in different locations
    No freedom or autonomy - you will be under the microscope and micro managed over pointless irrelevant things
    Lack of confidence in company brand - the company is petrified and does not trust their sales reps to sell their software
    No feedback ever given
    Does not care about sales results or performance - I did 200% of my quota and was still out on a performance improvement plan

For starters I recommend to management that if they have a problem with somebody they do not fear confrontation. Management seem to throughly enjoying going behind others backs and nobody appreciates it and it solves nothing. Rather than offering employees stock bonuses I recommend creating a culture of honesty and integrity. Stop focusing on the little minor things like spelling mistakes in an email report and start focusing on driving results.

Great product but don't be fooled - you are very unlikely to make any serious money at Workday

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at Workday full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great product, innovative approach, happy customers

Cons

Far too many sales reps chasing not enough business. Not enough marketing or pre sales support means you are cannon fodder unless you get very lucky. Ask why proportion of reps have achieved quota or how many have won a deal before you join.

Stop hiring so many reps and give the ones you have more support. invest in proper marketing that supports sales effort and make it easier for customers to buy - all or nothing approach to subscriptions does achieve lock in but makes entry into new accounts very difficult.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday