Workday

www.workday.com

The IPO Train is full steam ahead..Hang on tight, or you might get run over

Applications Developer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsNext to Facebook, Workday's IPO is the most exciting in Silicon Valley. Cutting edge technology. The rate at which Workday can develop product is unbelievable, leaving our competition struggling to keep up. Vacation time was increased this year, and if the company hits its goals. Company meetings are fun, celebrities such as Captain Sully and Steve Young have attended in the past. We poke fun of our competition at the meetings,portraying SAP employees doing the goose step, and there is even art work of Larry Ellison being flushed a toilet at the company headquarters. Needless to say, product confidence is very high.

ConsThere is a lot of money at stake at Workday. Not only are the investments of our founders on the line, several millions of the famous Bay Area Tech funders and CEO's have there money wrapped up in Workday. As a result, things have tightened up. Salaries haven't been raised in years, and stock is being guarded tight. As it stands, the amount of work vs resources is stretched thin, and every overhead cost is scrutinized.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook past 2012. The IPO is a very big milestone, however, building a sustainable company with good morale is of even greater importance. The IPO is going to make several people very happy and wealthy, but is that enough to retain talent and create a company for the future?

Fun work atmosphere, but no intellectual stimulation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday

Pros: - Great people - Company really cares about their employee's happiness… Cons: - Not very challenging work - Discourages mobility within the company - "In crowd" vs. "out crowd" (out crowd is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Work hard, play hard.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday

Pros: Fast pace, smart people - we're changing the game of… Cons: Long work hours sometimes, understaffed for the amount of work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Workday.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!