Workday
www.workday.com Pleasanton, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

The best place I have ever worked

Senior Enterprise Architect (Current Employee)

ProsAfter many years in Enterprise software and corporate America in general, I was starting to lose faith that there were any really great companies (or ideas) out there. Joining Workday two years ago changed my mind about everything that a corporation can be. I wake up every morning excited to get to work and feel fulfilled by my job. I have no desire to move into management but that decision has been respected and I have been consistently rewarded for being a top individual contributor.

I feel fortunate to work with fantastic people on all levels of the organization. My peers in sales are excellent and they respect the value that I bring to the company. My direct management has always been very supportive of my work and me as a person. I feel this is a company where people genuinely care about the people that they work with, and that starts at the top with Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri.

One of the exciting things about my job is that I work with many different companies (in pre-sales) helping them understand the value of Workday. I get to experience the corporate culture of these companies as we go through the sales process. How do they treat vendors? How do they talk to each other? I get to see these aspects and many more as part of the sales cycle. That has given me a deep appreciation for just how few companies are like Workday in how they treat employees. I feel very lucky to be a part of building such a great organization.

I work from home on the days I am not travelling and I feel well integrated even though I am in the field. My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management. I recently took a week off during the busiest time of the quarter and my management didn't complain.

ConsWe have been trying to hire an additional person in my position for over a year now and still have not found someone who can satisfy all the requirements. This means that I been very busy (and getting busier). My management has gone out of their way to ensure I don't get overworked, but at some point we just need more people to do the job.

I am also still somewhat confused about our commission compensation, how it is calculated and how long it takes for us to get our compensation plans. I understand we are a growing company, but for variable compensation to be a motivator the plans need to be clear and delivered on a timely basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause the company is still relatively young and growing fast some of our internal processes are not fully matured. Things like performance reviews are not conducted on a regular basis (even though I get regular informal feedback on my performance). I think for some this may be frustrating because they need more consistent "official" feedback. I suspect this is particularly true for younger workers who are looking to constantly improve their performance. I hope this is something that can be addressed as we continue to grow.

Good Place to work if you like to be discriminated against

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros: A lot of good people (although most have left) Fairly good… Cons: Senior Management is Machiavellian No upward growth "In crowd" atmosphere Innovation is discouraged If you get on the wrong side of Snr Management, you are put on "special… Advice to Senior Management: Too bad money can't buy you character and integrity No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Workday is a great place to spend your day.

I have been working at Workday

Pros: We are building apps in the 21st century and as such want new fresh ideas. We hire smart people who have… Cons: We are still in the growth mode and the work -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Workday.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri. All reviews posted anonymously by Workday employees.