Workday

www.workday.com
  www.workday.com
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Awesome - Simply Awesome!

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Over the top culture - programs, fun, parties, giving back to community
CEO is a saint - Seriously.
Very people friendly
Understand work life balance
Incredible technology

Cons

Fast growth
Not looking inward enough at own resources - primarily because of growth

Keep it up - Just don't forget about those down the chain

155 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

The best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect

I have been working at Workday

Pros

After many years in Enterprise software and corporate America in general, I was starting to lose faith that there were any really great companies (or ideas) out there. Joining Workday two years ago changed my mind about everything that a corporation can be. I wake up every morning excited to get to work and feel fulfilled by my job. I have no desire to move into management but that decision has been respected and I have been consistently rewarded for being a top individual contributor.

I feel fortunate to work with fantastic people on all levels of the organization. My peers in sales are excellent and they respect the value that I bring to the company. My direct management has always been very supportive of my work and me as a person. I feel this is a company where people genuinely care about the people that they work with, and that starts at the top with Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri.

One of the exciting things about my job is that I work with many different companies (in pre-sales) helping them understand the value of Workday. I get to experience the corporate culture of these companies as we go through the sales process. How do they treat vendors? How do they talk to each other? I get to see these aspects and many more as part of the sales cycle. That has given me a deep appreciation for just how few companies are like Workday in how they treat employees. I feel very lucky to be a part of building such a great organization.

I work from home on the days I am not travelling and I feel well integrated even though I am in the field. My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management. I recently took a week off during the busiest time of the quarter and my management didn't complain.

Cons

We have been trying to hire an additional person in my position for over a year now and still have not found someone who can satisfy all the requirements. This means that I been very busy (and getting busier). My management has gone out of their way to ensure I don't get overworked, but at some point we just need more people to do the job.

I am also still somewhat confused about our commission compensation, how it is calculated and how long it takes for us to get our compensation plans. I understand we are a growing company, but for variable compensation to be a motivator the plans need to be clear and delivered on a timely basis.

Because the company is still relatively young and growing fast some of our internal processes are not fully matured. Things like performance reviews are not conducted on a regular basis (even though I get regular informal feedback on my performance). I think for some this may be frustrating because they need more consistent "official" feedback. I suspect this is particularly true for younger workers who are looking to constantly improve their performance. I hope this is something that can be addressed as we continue to grow.

Good Place to work if you like to be discriminated against

I worked at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of good people (although most have left)
    Fairly good product

Cons

Senior Management is Machiavellian
    No upward growth
    "In crowd" atmosphere
    Innovation is discouraged
    If you get on the wrong side of Snr Management, you are put on "special project"
    IPO won't get their emps anything. C'mon guys, $250m raised in VC funding?! You will be left with a crap job and no upward mobility

Too bad money can't buy you character and integrity

There are newer employer reviews for Workday