There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Great people , great company, great leadership

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workday is a company full of smart and dedicated people that work their butts off. I love coming to work and being around professionals that are willing to help each other and listen to each other.

Cons

Seems like the company has started inserting many levels of management and not sure what they all do

Advice to Management

Grow existing talent

Other Employee Reviews for Workday

"Bait and Switch"

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Disruptive technology Impressive brand name customers Top leadership well respected in the industry IPO on the horizon Chance to make a mark on a promising new company

Cons

The term "bait and switch" comes to mind when thinking about my experience at Workday. I was sold on the idea of joining up with a hot company that values building and grooming talent. That is the whole premise of what Workday's very own product is supposed to provide...isn't it? I was promised that there would be ample opportunities to explore different areas within the organization and grow my career. Soon after joining the team, I came to the harsh realization that was not the case. The leadership of the sales development team quickly proved that they make empty promises. The idea of "talent management" and helping employees to grow is nothing more than a feel-good slogan on the front page of the website. Employees are not treated in a respectful and adult manner, and are openly criticized in front of peers. Team morale only continues to decrease, and there is no improvement in sight.

Advice to Management

If you want to continue to attract top talent, you better start taking a look at how well the current talent gets treated by those you put in management positions.

Great company, bad department

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Workday is a great company, has a phenomenal product, and is for the most part very well managed. It also has very good values that it tries to embody in every aspect of their business and how they treat employees

Cons

The values I just mentioned don't seem to be equally carried out in every department. The inside sales department is run in a fashion that doesn't represent the values the owners work so hard at implementing, which is a shame. Also, there seems to be rampant nepotism going on.