Interesting company to work for

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

Workday is truly re-inventing how ERP systems work. Having been in ERP for 10 years, there is the opportunity to make business processes more efficient utilizing object modeling. That coupled with being SAAS makes for some interesting work.

Workday is really telecommuter friendly; they don't care where you work as long as you are available and you meet your deadlines.

I do believe the founders of the company want people to enjoy where they work. Lots of company events, a couple of game rooms, and people joking around make for a good environment even with the high workload. (The CEO does expect you to work). Certain departments are more stressful than others.

Cons

Health care and 401K options are disappointing; I've had better at other companies this size. Also the corporate culture can wear on you over time.

Re-examine the health care benefits. I feel strongly that we are not getting the best value for what we pay.

Other Reviews for Workday

Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people/management, challenging projects, cool technology

Cons

I have no cons so far

Great company for new college grads

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Development  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management and senior employees take a genuine interest in your success and future, as well as your current job satisfaction. Company culture is unparalleled. Free bagels every day, plus fruit twice/week. The people at Workday are laid back, genuine people, who are ambitious and driven to see the company succeed. We are led by Dave Duffield, whose down-to-earth nature and core values resonate throughout the company.

Cons

So much fast-paced growth creates a lot of shifts within the organization. Particularly within my department, there are shifts on a quarterly basis. Some people respond well to these shifts and others would prefer more continuity.
    Also, no employer match for the 401k (at this time)

Try to maintain the great company culture as we grow.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!