There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Don't work there unless you worked at PeopleSoft and/or don't have a life.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday

Pros

The company is definitely in high-gear mode and I think it will be tremendously successful, if they can ramp up hiring and continue to execute well. The technology base is good, with caveats noted below.

Cons

The pace is relentless and the work not particularly interesting. Very political, and very much "The Ex-PeopleSoft We Hate Larry" club. The toolset is completely proprietary, and there is explicit lack of investment in the application development environment. Unfortunately, the mindset is "work harder, not smarter" and number of hours in the office (and nights and weekends) are an important metric for success.

Top management is excellent -- I really do think that Dave and Aneel walk on water -- but middle management is poor. Need to reward creativity, not just drone-like groupthink. Good luck hiring/retaining once the economy turns around.

132 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Corporate snake pit if you are on the wrong side of the political animals

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Workday

Pros

Good potential for IPO, if you have the right manager it can be a great place to work

Cons

Toxic political environment, all the downsides of a large company crammed into a startup

Don't pigeon hole people and learn to accept criticism freely

Fast growing company with focus on employee

I have been working at Workday

Pros

There is a great sense of ownership of the services each team provides and with the company growing at a fast pace, there are lot of opportunities for grow into roles which you are looking for.

Cons

As the company is still not know as much as it should be outside US, it is relatively new in Europe and still has to find a name to be amongst the best employer

There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!