Workday

www.workday.com

Don't work there unless you worked at PeopleSoft and/or don't have a life.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsThe company is definitely in high-gear mode and I think it will be tremendously successful, if they can ramp up hiring and continue to execute well. The technology base is good, with caveats noted below.

ConsThe pace is relentless and the work not particularly interesting. Very political, and very much "The Ex-PeopleSoft We Hate Larry" club. The toolset is completely proprietary, and there is explicit lack of investment in the application development environment. Unfortunately, the mindset is "work harder, not smarter" and number of hours in the office (and nights and weekends) are an important metric for success.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop management is excellent -- I really do think that Dave and Aneel walk on water -- but middle management is poor. Need to reward creativity, not just drone-like groupthink. Good luck hiring/retaining once the economy turns around.

Corporate snake pit if you are on the wrong side of the political animals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Workday

Pros: Good potential for IPO, if you have the right manager… Cons: Toxic political environment, all the downsides of a large company… Advice to Senior Management: Don't pigeon hole people and learn to accept criticism freely More

Fast growing company with focus on employee

I have been working at Workday

Pros: There is a great sense of ownership of the services each team provides and with the company growing… Cons: As the company is still not know as much as it should be outside US, it is… More
There are newer reviews on Workday.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!